Closed Solved

Abit nf7 mobo

Hello, I need to replace abit nf7 mobo. Uses AMD Athlon Socket A proc. I have been keeping this alive for the past year, memory, pws, vcard etc. Is there a replacement? Do need to give more info?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about abit mobo
  1. Best answer
    Socket 462 is harder to find, but still available. Check out the PriceWatch link below (filtered by MB + 462)...

http://www.pricewatch.com/gallery/motherboards/socket_462
  2. Hi richman61 and welcome to Tom's forum.

Yeah, we need more info. Do you want a new build? or just replace the mobo.
  3. Hello Tom's members and thank you for the reply!

I am replacing the mobo, it just went out on me.
  4. An advice, build a new budget rig is more cheap that find a "new" mobo for your current rig.
  5. Maybe. The first MB found at the link above is $20 with many others at $35. If $20 fits the need...
  6. #2 on the list would work but the board dimentions are too short. Not sure is I can get away with the 9.5 x 9.5 board #2 has. I probably can hit the top and middle mounts but not the bottom ones due my board is about 11.5 x 9.5. It has two extra pci sockets which extend the board length/height.

For $35 it maybe worth a shot. If I don't have to worry abou thitting the bottom mounts. :pt1cable:

My wife uses it for goofing around on and the "old" printer use the parallel connection.
  7. for this board

CPU: AMD Socket A Athlon XP Processors
    Thoroughbred/ Barton Core Support
    Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6100
    Front Side Bus: 333/266 MHz
    Memory: 2 x DIMM, Max. 2 GB, DDR pc2100 pc2700 or pc 3200 Memory
    Dual Channel memory architecture
    Note: Dual-channel PC3200 (DDR400) mode requires AGP graphics card
    Expansion Slots 3 x PCI
    1 x AGP 8x (1.5V only)

how is the FSB determined becaused it lists as 333/266?
  8. Err.... It has been a while for 462! Jumpers on the MB is what I am thinking. Not sure there was auto detection for that platform.
  9. Ok on the FSB, thank you.
  10. I went ahead and purchased this.

Thank you everyone for your help.
  11. I received an email wondering if I found an answer to my question...

Well yes I did. I found a Mobo at the reference site. It was a not new because it did not come in the original OEM box nor was there a CD with drivers. I was in the middle of installing it and holidays came up and my company shipped me out to Mexico for a short while.

I'll get back at this next week and reply back. I was having an issue installing the bios. Need to use a floppy, for some reason the CD I burned is not working.

thanks.
  12. well got it to work... ide cable switched...it wsn't the bios not installing.

all good = close, and thx
  13. Best answer selected by richman61.
  14. This topic has been closed by Saint19
Ask a new question

Read More

Socket AMD Motherboards