P5K with 8G memory, blue screen??

I just bought 4 x 2G memory to update my PC. But I got blue screen in windows. I tested these memories with memtest86 v4.1.

1. I want to test not only memory stick but also the slot in mother board. I installed the first memory stick into the first slot of mother board. And I started the memtest86 to test it. Then second memory stick with second slot, and so on.
All of 4 sticks passed the memtest at least 1 time. The BIOS parameters are set to Auto. CPU: 266 X 9, FSB: 400, DRAM: DDR2 800 5-5-5-18

2. But when I installed all of 4 stick into mobo, the memtest failed within 10 mins. And BIOS parameters are set to Auto also.

The BIOS can detect 8G memory and windows also shows 8g memory. But I always get blue screen. Any suggestion?

Mother Board: Asus P5K SE with latest bios
CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4G
Memory: 4 x Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5C, DDR2 800, 5-5-5-18, 1.80V, ver 6.1
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 750W

Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about memory blue screen
  1. Welcome, Newcomer. I would suggest you start with manually configuring the RAM settings in your BIOS. With 4 sticks in though, increase your DRAM voltage to ~1.9V. Try that, monitor it. Post back with results.
  2. I set RAM voltage to 2.1 v, and run memtest for 10 hours. I got 1 error. But when I played game in Windows, the system crash again. ;-(

I searched in the web, it seems that a lot people encountered the same problem with Asus P5K.
  3. It could be memory management and memory allocation problem. Update your drivers, starting with chipset, ACPI, storage, audio, graphics, etc. Also check updates for your games. Update DirectX ( Win 7 comes with DX11 ) to include components for DX10 and DX9 ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en ) that may be necessary for your games.
  4. I have updated the video driver to latest one and reinstalled DX9. But it just does not with 8g memory. If I only installed 4g, everything would work perfectly.
    I think that I have to return those memory.

Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Blue Screen Motherboards Memory