HD 4850 D1601 - Constant reboot - not stable

naicha

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Phenom II x4 955
Asus M4A79T deluxe
ATI HD4850 1 GB DDR3
4 GB Corsair RAM

Does not run stable. Sometimes D1601 lights after 5 minutes sometimes after a week. Sometimes tries to reboot constantly sometimes does nothing (
D1601 on). Cold start after complete power off sometimes works sometimes not. Warm reset start sometimes works but likely will reboot after 10 min.Getting mad at this.
No over-clocking done. All in delivery configuration. Temperature of GPU never higher than 50° C but D1601 lights.

Do not suggest Software problem.
I do not suspect PSU or Board.
Whole system is quality components and new.

Is there any way to turn off the Over temp protection?

Could it be the Board or PSU after all. Is there any way of finding out without buying new PSU or graphic card?

Thanks

gauravtushir

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
try removing and installing ur gpu again .i had this same problem before. my psu was faulty . do you use many usb ports at same time . sometimes pc reboots because of that .

ya in bios you will find option to turn off temp protection.

naicha

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
[at] gauravtushir: took out the card and put it back in already yesterday, was even removing the fan and the round heatsink competelý (and put it back on). Afterwards boot was ok but shut down again after 5 minutes, then after two other tries it was running for six hours. This morning started normally, run 5 minutes, shut down, trying since then to get it working.

[at] leon2006:
PSU: Rasurbo DLP-535 silent case;
Case: made in China "power"(tm) - no other name to find

any other ideas?
thanks

naicha

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

Did not see how to turn off overtemp protection for the card. Could you give me the details where to find the function? Think i have ambios.

thanks

gauravtushir

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Are you able to turn on your computer immidiately after shutdown. ? try reading the motherboard manual . if possible try using ur computer without graphic card for a while .

if problem still persist take it from me ur psu is faulty

gauravtushir

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
i had same prob before ! comp used to shutdown while playing games , but this used to happen sometimes because of heat.

as time passed a month later or so my pc used to fail to turn on and even if it does it used to shutdown again any second. i replaced my psu everything is fine now.

naicha

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Are you able to turn on your computer immidiately after shutdown. ? try reading the motherboard manual . if possible try using ur computer without graphic card for a while .

if problem still persist take it from me ur psu is faulty

How to use the computer without a graphic card? If I take it out i have no more connection to the monitor, in this case how can I use my computer? By hearing? :)

gauravtushir

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
hmm, look behind your cpu. you will find default vga port over there. take a look you will know .

(Is there any way of finding out without buying new PSU or graphic card? )
if your psu is faulty you can make out ..

naicha

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
hmm. did you try that....

Not yet, was moving to a new room.
Starts normally for the last 3 times.

Thanks for the information that there is a standard VGA port on the board.
Will try it - if problem appears again.

Bye

TRENDING THREADS