Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Fixed Voltage

Last response: in Overclocking
March 3, 2013 9:56:17 AM

How importang Fixed Mode is?
I was going to purchase the Z77 PRO 3 by ASrock and someone told me it doesn't have the fixed mode for cpu voltage option. should I look for another board or it's not a big deal?
The only model that's in the same price of the asrock is gigabyte's Z77-D3H. should I go for this one?
Thanks.

More about : fixed voltage

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 3, 2013 10:08:34 AM

It's completely irrelevant. You get the exact same results by setting a voltage offset. At least if you can do first grade math. And you only need to do that for overclocking
March 3, 2013 10:24:32 AM

unksol said:
It's completely irrelevant. You get the exact same results by setting a voltage offset. At least if you can do first grade math. And you only need to do that for overclocking

I will be overclocking
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 3, 2013 10:47:25 AM

parasight said:
I will be overclocking

Again, you can do that with the voltage offset. The only difference is a "fixed" voltage shows the actual voltage, and an offset shows how much you've added to stock voltage.

So if you wanted 1.26 volts and stock was 1.25 you would set the offset to +.01.

With a "fixed" voltage you'd just enter 1.26. Either way it's the exact same thing. It just displays/is entered differently.
March 3, 2013 10:57:25 AM

Best answer selected by parasight.
!