Major probles just from switching cases

tempemonkey

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I recently changed my case from a Cooler Master to a Corsair Vengeance. I did not change any components or settings at all I simply switched everything from one case to the other. When I first powered on the case, the start-up screen did not pop up. So I checked all the connections and tried it again. This time, it froze on the start-up screen.

Long story short, I cannot get my computer to load up because it either hangs on the start-up screen, or it hangs on system repair, or it hangs on loading from safe mode. I even tried booting from a different disc with an operating system (used with all these components before) and it did the same thing. When I disconnect all my hard drives, it does not even go to the start up screen. I also reinstalled the RAM.

To make things more frustrating, I even cleared the CMOS and set my bios to boot from my ODD so that I could load a new operating system but it does not boot from my ODD.

So in summary, I cant get safe mode, a fresh install, or resetting my bios to work in any way and all I did was switch cases. Any suggestions.

One last thing worth mentioning is that I sometimes have to disconnect the power supply and then reconnect it before the MOBO will turn over.

MOBO: Asus M4N98TD EVO
CPU: Phenom II X 4
GPU: GTX 480
RAM: 2 x 4Gb DDR3 Corsair XMS3
PSU: Kenter 900W

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
well it does sound like it could be a dodgy psu, did you wear an antistatic wrist band while handling the mobo cause that elimintes a lot of risk
900w is a bit overkill for your system if its a decent psu, I recommend any of these 2 psu for your system http://www.scan.co.uk/products/600w-corsair-builder-series-cx-cp-9020048-uk-80-plus-bronze-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-psu or http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-corsair-enthusiast-series-tx650m-modular-85-eff-80-plus-bronze-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-quiet-fan-

tempemonkey

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I was thinking that it was the PSU as well because I do not have that good of a quality one and I do run 2 GTX 480's in SLI (they are pretty power hungry)... Do you think 900 watts is still overkill for 480 in SLI?

I did solve the problem though, I flipped this switch on the MOBO (I was just trying anything at this point) that said core unlocker and then my computer loaded right up. I flipped the switch back and its still running fine. I have no idea what that switch is for because it did not seem to have any effect on my cores when I went to overclock my CPU in the bios...

I swear that some motherboards are possessed....

Let me know if you think 900 watts should be enough for 2 480's because I often get the BSOD when I use Kumbustor to stress test my GPU's but it is just fine when I attach one to a different power supply (using the paper clip trick).

TRENDING THREADS