Sign in with
Your question
Solved

IRQL Error on S5000VSA

Last response: in Systems
April 12, 2010 4:18:11 PM

Hello,
While installing Win 2003 on my intel s5000vsa i am getting the following error:
irql_not_less_equal
No matter whatever I try the same error pops up. Please help here :( 

More about : irql error s5000vsa

a c 84 B Homebuilt system
April 12, 2010 4:52:05 PM

We need a list of your specs. The exact RAM is especially important.

This error is usually caused by a memory error. Go to memtest.org and downlad MemTest86+. Burn the ISO file to a CD. Then go to the RAM manufacturer's website and get the exact specs for the RAM (speed, voltage, timings, etc.). Restart the build and enter BIOS. Set the RAM to the exact specs. Also set the build to boot from the CD. Restart and let this run overnight or through at least 7 passes.

This test should tell you if the RAM you have is faulty. If it comes back clean, Try to install the OS again, as setting the specs may have fixed it.
April 14, 2010 5:33:51 AM

Yes, we would also like to have the BSOD Error Code that starts with 0x00... please provide the CPU details also. :) 
Related resources
April 15, 2010 6:18:21 PM

Xeon E5345 Dual CPU's .. The 0x00 code is not noticed, The code doesn't appears, the error that is visible is IRQL, Last evening I tried installing Win7. Same thing appeared again and again. I have tried the memtest program, all passed successfully without any errors. FYI the memory is of Samsung 667 I have 4 memories 2 GIGS each total 8 GB. Any hope so far ?

Best solution

April 16, 2010 5:13:12 AM

Well , I can suggest you a workaround.

1. BIOS > Advanced > Processor > Configuration, and Disable 'Core Multi-Processing'
2. Install core OS, then install service packs
3. Re-enable 'Core Multi-Processing'
4. Install with media that includes the integrated service pack / install the service pack.
Try it and let us know. :) 
April 16, 2010 5:01:47 PM

Best answer selected by katemillers.
April 16, 2010 5:02:18 PM

Thank you sooooooooooooo much, this works, but what is the catch?
!