Problems Overclocking AMD X6 1055t (unique)

PappaLitto

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hello, I seem to have a unique problem with trying to overclock my X6 1055t, I can't seem to get the CPU Frequency past 206 mhz, any higher and it will come up with an overclocking boot-error message. My motherboard is a GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H. I can effectively raise my DRAM settings quite well but the CPU is a different story. The most out of the core I can get is 2.9ghz out of the shitty 2.8 of which is was before. I know it's possible to get 3.5ghz+, I've seen it before. And I have asked this question before but my last account got banned for the username so if you posted on the other one please post again. If you can in any way shape or form please help!

undercovernerd6

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hello there.
1. Do you have a proper cpu aftermarket cooler ?
2. Download AMD overclocking utility.
3. Dont ever start with frequency use the multipler to increase total frequency.
4. Slowly increase multiplier until you reach a stable spot. Run a benchmark wait for it to crash. Then increase your voltage on the cpu in SMALL increments. Repeat.

PappaLitto

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

I tried AOD and I couldn't increase the multiplier past 14x, plus I'd rather use the BIOS for something like this anyways. And why shouldn't I increase the frequency per core?