GTX 260 - Fan working but no video input!

severe_009

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Hey guys hope you could help me,

I just recently installed my new GTX 260 video card, after the hardware installation and turn on my computer, I hear the computer booting up usually all seems normal and the fan of the GPU is spinning all seems normal.

But Im getting "no video input"

The manual that came with it is so useless, doesn't tell anything about the hardware installation of the card it just shows another type of video card.

Please can some one help me whats wrong with what I'm doing...

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
did you connect the PCI-E 6 pin power plugs into the GTX 260? If you did then:
Also what is your power supply brand/model?

Check the card on another system, if you don't have another system then your going to need another graphics card to test your system with.

severe_009

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
So basically, I need to use those two slots from my video card? The adapter that came with the 260 is a 6pin cable that connects from the single slot of the video card to two 4 pin cable from my PSU.

Slots and connectors are two different things. The GTX 260 uses dual 6 pin connectors. They should be connected like this :

DSC00944.jpg

so if your PSU does not have dual 6 pin connectors you will need to connect the 6 pin adapter to a 4 pin molex.

severe_009

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Sorry quite noob about this things, so i have to plug two 6 pin connectors to my video card? If thats the case i have no more spare connectors from my PSU... Im just using the adapter that came with the video card, i think it's called molex or something.

severe_009

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Yes my video card came with this 6pin adapter to a 4 pin molex, thats what is connected to my video card... but i have no more spare connector from my PSU to connect to the other 6pin of the video card. :??:

severe_009

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
woot... guess i have to save some more money to buy again a new hardware (PSU) hope after that no more problem arise... For the mean time i have to use my old card.

Thankyou so much for your help! Learned new things now haha, Thanks again for the help :D Much appreciated it.

badboy_billy

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

I Could be wrong (Rambus)

Normallllllyyyy your ram is installed in the first of each coloured slot, making it dual channel config... this photo has both in the first two, so it'll only run single channel

Well yea of course you a wrong ;), as long as both sticks are under one color you are in Dual Channel Mode.It would be single channel if one stick was in the yellow slot and the other in the orange slot.

Here another example :

DSC01146-1.jpg