Is the Antec900 too small?

It will fit, but it will be tight with that long of a GPU and multiple HDDs' worth of power cables and SATA cables coming from the drive cages. The Nine Hundred is a typical mid-tower ATX case and the HDD cages sit directly in front of the MB, so the cables interfere with very long GPUs (been there, done that.) I'd recommend a great big old full-tower case if you want to have plenty of room.

Tight enough to make it moderately difficult to work inside the case with the GPU in place but not too tight to prevent the GPU from fitting in the case. However, I admit I'm personally biased towards large cases with lots of room so it is easy to work inside the case.

In case you wonder what I consider "large," here's the case I got for my upcoming workstation build.*

100_2655_thumbnail.jpg

100_2665_thumbnail.jpg

The motherboard in the latter shot is an old micro-ATX Socket 370 board I put in there for reference, in case you are wondering. You won't need something quite that size to fit your GTX480, though :p

*Unfortunately that build is a little bit away from happening due to lack of funds. A case like this was exactly what I was looking for and it took me several months of looking to find anything like it, so I snapped this guy up before the seller sold out. It should handle a nice SSI EEB/EATX or MEB/SWTX motherboard and a good-sized disk array just fine.