Sign in with
Your question

Has there been a fix for dragon age high cpu usage?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 21, 2010 7:51:53 AM

Hello,
a b à CPUs
June 21, 2010 11:51:26 AM

No. Dragon Age uses a lot of CPU resources, just like most games of the type.
a b à CPUs
June 21, 2010 2:25:27 PM

DAO runs fine on my old Q6700 quad-core. In fact, I can burn a DVD while playing, although I generally set it to 4x or 6x burn speed. And I never did update the game to the current version 1.03. Only issue I have is that after a couple hours of game play, I generally save, exit, then relaunch because for some reason (resources not being released?) the game becomes really slow to load new scenes.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 21, 2010 7:34:27 PM

^^ Yeah, theres a MASSIVE memory leak when moving within an area that has its own seperate map [Denerim/Deep Roads]. DAO really likes Quads though, and struggles under Duos.
a c 105 à CPUs
June 21, 2010 8:05:01 PM

fazers_on_stun said:
DAO runs fine on my old Q6700 quad-core. In fact, I can burn a DVD while playing, although I generally set it to 4x or 6x burn speed. And I never did update the game to the current version 1.03. Only issue I have is that after a couple hours of game play, I generally save, exit, then relaunch because for some reason (resources not being released?) the game becomes really slow to load new scenes.

don't upgrade to 1.03 until the fix it. there are dozens of threads on the bioware board, each with hundreds of posts by people complaining about stable games that now crash with that patch.
!