Won't wake from standby mode

Ever since I installed SP2, my computer goes into standby and doesn't wake
up. It is set to allow the keyboard to wake the computer; the option wasn't
available for the mouse so I am assuming it isn't a USB mouse (neither one
actually uses a USB port.) I tried the fixes I found in the KB, but the patch
was superceded by SP2 and the othe was the part about USB keyboard/mouse
problems.
There was one other entry that applied but it required paying for the fix
and I will be damned before I pay to fix a problem that never existed until I
downloaded SP2.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:37:11 -0800, rae wrote:

> Ever since I installed SP2, my computer goes into standby and doesn't wake
> up. It is set to allow the keyboard to wake the computer; the option wasn't
> available for the mouse so I am assuming it isn't a USB mouse (neither one
> actually uses a USB port.) I tried the fixes I found in the KB, but the patch
> was superceded by SP2 and the othe was the part about USB keyboard/mouse
> problems.
> There was one other entry that applied but it required paying for the fix
> and I will be damned before I pay to fix a problem that never existed until I
> downloaded SP2.

If the article referred to a hotfix that is only available from support,
there is no charge for that. From the times I've called, I was prompted for
a credit card number (and gave it) to get through the phone prompts, but
reminded anyone I talked to that I was after a hotfix and I've never been
charged.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User