Won't wake from standby mode

Ever since I installed SP2, my computer goes into standby and doesn't wake
up. It is set to allow the keyboard to wake the computer; the option wasn't
available for the mouse so I am assuming it isn't a USB mouse (neither one
actually uses a USB port.) I tried the fixes I found in the KB, but the patch
was superceded by SP2 and the othe was the part about USB keyboard/mouse
problems.
There was one other entry that applied but it required paying for the fix
and I will be damned before I pay to fix a problem that never existed until I
downloaded SP2.
1 answer Last reply
More about wake standby mode

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:37:11 -0800, rae wrote:

    > Ever since I installed SP2, my computer goes into standby and doesn't wake
    > up. It is set to allow the keyboard to wake the computer; the option wasn't
    > available for the mouse so I am assuming it isn't a USB mouse (neither one
    > actually uses a USB port.) I tried the fixes I found in the KB, but the patch
    > was superceded by SP2 and the othe was the part about USB keyboard/mouse
    > problems.
    > There was one other entry that applied but it required paying for the fix
    > and I will be damned before I pay to fix a problem that never existed until I
    > downloaded SP2.

    If the article referred to a hotfix that is only available from support,
    there is no charge for that. From the times I've called, I was prompted for
    a credit card number (and gave it) to get through the phone prompts, but
    reminded anyone I talked to that I was after a hotfix and I've never been
    charged.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User