Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp no user name does not appear

Last response: in Windows XP
December 26, 2012 7:33:52 PM

On Windows XP. I deleted the existing user names (2), and substituted another. On two start ups
the laptop worked fine. Today when I started up the laptop I get the ----to begin, click your user name---, however, no user names appear on the space provided, therefore, no login.

Anyone have the answer to this, or what I may try to solve this????? Willie

More about : windows user

a b D Laptop
December 26, 2012 10:58:13 PM

On the login screen, where the user names are supposed to be, press the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously 2 - 3 times and the Administrator account should pop up... if it doesn't, try pressing and holding (or tapping it once a second) the F8 key after the BIOS post, and select Safe Mode... Safe Mode with Networking if you want Internet access... Once you've logged on, verify the user accounts or create a new account if necessary, or make the necessary corrections to the "substituted" account.

If you have problems recovering that user account, you can always create a new one, and configure Windows XP so the new account uses the previous user account profile folder.
m
l
December 27, 2012 8:28:10 PM

Chicano said:
On the logim screen, where the user names are supposed to be, press the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously 2 - 3 times and the Administrator account should pop up... and if it doesn't, try pressing the F8 key after the BIOS post, and select Safe Mode... Safe Mode with Networking if you want Internet access... Once you've logged on, verify the user accounts or create a new account if necessary.. or make the necessary corrections to the "substituted" account.

If you have problems recovering that use account, you can always create a new one, and configure Windows XP so the new account uses the previous user account profile folder.

Thank you for your information, which I tried and was successful. Thanks again, Willie
m
l
Related resources
!