Black shots with Canon Powershot A70

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 6, 2004 4:50:15 AM

I've had my Powershot A70 for over a year now. Just recently it has
developed some sort of imaging problem. It will only take all black
pictures, sometimes with purple streaks if there is a bright light source.
The LCD is fine, because it displays previously taken pictures perfectly.
Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 6:43:00 PM

I have had mine for a year and have not encountered this problem yet.

I did find where other peopl had had the same problems.

Check this link from where other people have had the same problems.

http://www.dcmag.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/utn/4359...
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:56:01 PM

Stephen Gilbert wrote:

> I've had my Powershot A70 for over a year now. Just recently it has
> developed some sort of imaging problem. It will only take all black
> pictures, sometimes with purple streaks if there is a bright light source.
> The LCD is fine, because it displays previously taken pictures perfectly.
> Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Take the lens cap off?

(Sorry, couldn't resist it!)
Bob
January 3, 2005 5:03:35 PM

I have the same problem. I've had it once before about a year ago, it
just went away.
People on the forum suggest banging the camera against your hand.
I tried that today, and it did work.
Before doing so I used to hear something loose rolling about in the
camera when I turned it around. This noise is gone as well. Maybe the
two are related.

I'll keep you informed.

Bert

!