  • Cameras
Last response: in Digital Cameras
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 4:50:15 AM

I've had my Powershot A70 for over a year now. Just recently it has
developed some sort of imaging problem. It will only take all black
pictures, sometimes with purple streaks if there is a bright light source.
The LCD is fine, because it displays previously taken pictures perfectly.
Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

More about : black shots canon powershot a70

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 6:43:00 PM

I have had mine for a year and have not encountered this problem yet.

I did find where other peopl had had the same problems.

Check this link from where other people have had the same problems.

http://www.dcmag.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/utn/4359...
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:56:01 PM

Stephen Gilbert wrote:

> I've had my Powershot A70 for over a year now. Just recently it has
> developed some sort of imaging problem. It will only take all black
> pictures, sometimes with purple streaks if there is a bright light source.
> The LCD is fine, because it displays previously taken pictures perfectly.
> Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Take the lens cap off?

(Sorry, couldn't resist it!)
Bob
January 3, 2005 5:03:35 PM

I have the same problem. I've had it once before about a year ago, it
just went away.
People on the forum suggest banging the camera against your hand.
I tried that today, and it did work.
Before doing so I used to hear something loose rolling about in the
camera when I turned it around. This noise is gone as well. Maybe the
two are related.

I'll keep you informed.

Bert