Black shots with Canon Powershot A70

I've had my Powershot A70 for over a year now. Just recently it has
developed some sort of imaging problem. It will only take all black
pictures, sometimes with purple streaks if there is a bright light source.
The LCD is fine, because it displays previously taken pictures perfectly.
Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?
3 answers Last reply
More about black shots canon powershot

    I have had mine for a year and have not encountered this problem yet.

    I did find where other peopl had had the same problems.

    Check this link from where other people have had the same problems.

    http://www.dcmag.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/utn/4359/dt/4/srchdte/0/v/5/sp/332393698412328325340

    Stephen Gilbert wrote:

    > I've had my Powershot A70 for over a year now. Just recently it has
    > developed some sort of imaging problem. It will only take all black
    > pictures, sometimes with purple streaks if there is a bright light source.
    > The LCD is fine, because it displays previously taken pictures perfectly.
    > Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

    Take the lens cap off?

    (Sorry, couldn't resist it!)
    Bob

    I have the same problem. I've had it once before about a year ago, it
    just went away.
    People on the forum suggest banging the camera against your hand.
    I tried that today, and it did work.
    Before doing so I used to hear something loose rolling about in the
    camera when I turned it around. This noise is gone as well. Maybe the
    two are related.

    I'll keep you informed.

    Bert

    imij wrote:
    > I have had mine for a year and have not encountered this problem yet.
    >

    > I did find where other peopl had had the same problems.
    >
    > Check this link from where other people have had the same problems.

    http://www.dcmag.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/utn/4359/dt/4/srchdte/0/v/5/sp/332393698412328325340

Photo Canon Cameras