Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD FX-8350 Overclocking help!

Last response: in Overclocking
March 4, 2013 4:52:55 PM

Hey guys, I recently purchased new parts, an AMD FX-8350 8 core CPU and a proper watercooling kit from XSPC, all runs well. Issue is, I can't seem to run at 1600MHz for the memory while using turbo boost for the CPU. Does any one know of this issue? My motherboard is an Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, CPU is an AMD FX-8350 4.2GHz, and ram is G.Skill F3-12800CL10-8GBXL 2x8Gb DDR3 16Gb. Because I'm a graphic designer, I want to keep the performance of real time modeling FPS, while having a very fast render time. The renders are quick, no doubt about that, but because I have to lower the Dram frequency down to 1060MHz for it to be truly stable, it's poor when it's real time modeling an object, same as it has a bad fps decrease when I have more objects. I use to be able to handle millions of polygons, now I'd be lucky enough to hit 1-3 million polygons before lag sets in. Also the program I use is Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2012 x64, incase that helps.

Cheers for the help!

More about : amd 8350 overclocking

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2013 5:02:05 PM

try using the older verisons of dual channel ram if you can find it i had the same issues with patriot memory as well .. im running a ud5 890fx .. i have 2 x4 1600mhz ram as well and they are not stable past 1600 no matter what i do .. i found that increasing the voltage helps ... but the older ram was more stable i recently upgraded from corsair to patriot and encountered these issues .. so if you can find some xms 3 ram i would try those. because they were always way more stable in my system then this dual channel patriot memory ram i grabbed up .. thinking i would get better performance from viper 3's .. there just a pain because there not stable in my platform .. i plan on carrying them over to my intel build soon.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
March 4, 2013 5:08:54 PM

I had some issues with manually trying to set my ram settings to get the advertised speed as well. I fixed it by setting the ram profile instead of setting it myself. If I recall correctly, it should be called D.O.C.P. You should be able to find it under the clockrate settings for your ram.
Related resources
March 5, 2013 12:12:39 PM

So use the ram profile instead? I have that option it changes it from x5 and so on.
m
l
March 6, 2013 5:00:53 AM

Best answer selected by dGCyanide.
m
l
!