Sign in with
Your question

Benifits of using microsoft windows 7 operating system over xp and vista

Last response: in Systems
April 13, 2010 9:30:58 AM

Hello,
why should one migrate to windows 7 from xp or vista
April 13, 2010 9:34:28 AM

can u please tell me th benifits of using windows7 over vista and xp..
i'll be very thankfull..

sana ansari
m
l
April 13, 2010 11:42:09 AM

There's really no need. If given the option of going from XP to either, and having tried both, I'd recommend Win7. On the same computer, boot times run 3.5 to 4.5 minutes for XP and Vista. Win7 takes 45 seconds, and I'm pretty fanatical about keeping the run line in the registry fairly simple for all three. Win7 still likes newer hardware and drivers, but I'll bet it will work fine with less invested than what Vista demands...

Gigabyte G45...E8500...GForce 8800GT... 4 GB of ram... Nothing too expensive!
m
l
Related resources
April 13, 2010 1:35:59 PM

Windows 7 is a lot more strem lined. In general, it runs faster. Also, pretty much everything that will be coming out will use Windows 7, and may not be supported by XP.

Right now, I wouldn't upgrade an old computer to Win7, but I certainly wouldn't recommend getting a new computer with anything but Win7.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 13, 2010 1:36:32 PM

1) It is more secure, particularly the 64 bit versions.
2) It supports new capabilities like hyperthreading cpu's and trim for SSD's
3) Updated user interface.
4) Ongoing support. XP is close to end of support, Vista will be next.

If you will buy a new OS, get Windows-7, there are no real drawbacks. If you already have vista or XP,
keep on using it until you find something you need in windows-7
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 13, 2010 1:38:06 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Windows7
    m
    l
    April 13, 2010 1:43:14 PM

@geofelt: XP isn't anywhere near the end of support. As far as I know, there hasn't been a plan released to stop supporting it. I believe the next one to lose support is Windows 2000 (in July I think). Don't forget that most businesses are still using XP, especailly the large clients. XP won't lose support for many years from now.
    m
    l
    !