Thief / Reboxed / hi res graphics link

I went to the web site about the hi res graphics and the
great looking box the guy has etc.

At the cost of such much ink at least with some of the printers
today that want 20+ bucks for black alone.

Makes me wonder if it would be better to take the graphics
and see if a external place would re create the complete
box if you take in a 6 dvd casee (multi page type).....

YI would not miond seeing them all in one place. Though TDS
has its own clam shell............

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

    On 14 Mar 2005 13:54:19 -0800, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:

    >I went to the web site about the hi res graphics and the
    >great looking box the guy has etc.

    What site?

    >At the cost of such much ink at least with some of the printers
    >today that want 20+ bucks for black alone.
    >
    >Makes me wonder if it would be better to take the graphics
    >and see if a external place would re create the complete
    >box if you take in a 6 dvd casee (multi page type).....
    >
    >YI would not miond seeing them all in one place. Though TDS
    >has its own clam shell............

    You've lost me. What are you trying to do?

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On 14 Mar 2005 13:54:19 -0800, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:

    > You've lost me. What are you trying to do?
    >
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    > http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    I believe she's going to print a DVD case cover to house the whole trilogy.
    Doesn't do anything for me though, I like them in their original boxes.

    Barnaby
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:33:22 GMT, "Barnaby" <nospam@please.no> wrote:

    >I believe she's going to print a DVD case cover to house the whole trilogy.
    >Doesn't do anything for me though, I like them in their original boxes.

    I just like them installed on my harddrives. Boxes? I remember keeping
    those back in the 80s.

    (Actually I think I have my weird box for Thief 1 somewhere. No idea
    where my Thief 2 or TG boxes went. I mostly just keep Ultima boxes for
    nostalgia.)

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:33:22 GMT Barnaby said :

    >"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> On 14 Mar 2005 13:54:19 -0800, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:
    >

    >> You've lost me. What are you trying to do?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Cecil
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    >

    >I believe she's going to print a DVD case cover to house the whole trilogy.
    >Doesn't do anything for me though, I like them in their original boxes.
    >
    >Barnaby

    Maybe I read it wrong but it looked like it did not add the
    T:DS to that box set just the pervious releases.

    Intersting how my Nick applies a Gender....

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:33:22 GMT, "Barnaby" <nospam@please.no> wrote:
    >

    >>I believe she's going to print a DVD case cover to house the whole trilogy.
    >>Doesn't do anything for me though, I like them in their original boxes.
    >

    > I just like them installed on my harddrives. Boxes? I remember keeping
    > those back in the 80s.
    >
    > (Actually I think I have my weird box for Thief 1 somewhere. No idea
    > where my Thief 2 or TG boxes went. I mostly just keep Ultima boxes for
    > nostalgia.)

    I keep the CD's in the original box, but after reading this thread, I
    wouldn't mind putting them in a DVD case.
    Anyone have 3 jpeg covers for dvd cases for them?
    Albert
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > I believe she's going to print a DVD case cover to house the whole
    > trilogy.
    > Doesn't do anything for me though, I like them in their original boxes.

    I for one enjoy game boxes. The thief1&2 boxes were fairly unique in
    not being rectangles. What other examples can people think of with oddly
    shaped or truly distinctive packaging?

    rms
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:45:41 GMT rms said :

    >> I believe she's going to print a DVD case cover to house the whole
    >> trilogy.
    >> Doesn't do anything for me though, I like them in their original boxes.
    >
    > I for one enjoy game boxes. The thief1&2 boxes were fairly unique in
    >not being rectangles. What other examples can people think of with oddly
    >shaped or truly distinctive packaging?
    >
    >rms

    I went looking and recently I found Thief Gold box.

    Beats me what I did with the other boxes for T1 and T2.

    Still have T:DS though. HA !

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, "rms" wrote:

    > I for one enjoy game boxes. The thief1&2 boxes were fairly unique in

    any true pc gamer enjoys game boxes
    i myself fancy alot pc game boxes and everything related to the packaging
    packaging in pc games is for me extremely important

    > not being rectangles. What other examples can people think of with oddly
    > shaped or truly distinctive packaging?

    very good question!
    definitively you are a true pc gamer that gives proper appreciation for
    all details in a pc game including packaging

    unfortunately i don't own a big pc game collection, i'm still a little
    bit shy of the one hundred mark so its only natural i don't have variety
    in pc games boxes so i don't own any pc game packaging without being in
    the usual rectangular shape... and the far majority being the monotonous
    european DVD standard plastic case, with a few in cardboard box

    cause i wait for the pc games to drop in price and even wait for budget
    releases i end up missing the real good high quality and innovative boxes

    but i would like very much to be able to buy pc games in special boxes
    for special collector editions being made in oddly shapes, for example
    yesterday painkiller gold/black edition was released and its called by
    the publisher as a "limited", "uniquely numbered" "collectors edition"
    but the box is in the usual shape, but it could had been different...
    like for example, painkiller deals with you being in hell and battling
    demons, so my idea was making it in a shape of the gates of hell itself,
    and when you opened the gate you saw demons in 3d coming out of the
    packaging and you could even add some special sound effects to make it
    even more real and below there was the cds
    the idea was, the first time you opened the box to pick the cds to play
    the game itself you would right at that moment be scared and frightened

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    against steam campaign
    http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

    steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
    http://www.steamwatch.org/

  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > but i would like very much to be able to buy pc games in special boxes
    > for special collector editions being made in oddly shapes, for example
    > yesterday painkiller gold/black edition was released and its called by
    > the publisher as a "limited", "uniquely numbered" "collectors edition"
    > but the box is in the usual shape, but it could had been different...
    > like for example, painkiller deals with you being in hell and battling
    > demons, so my idea was making it in a shape of the gates of hell itself,
    > and when you opened the gate you saw demons in 3d coming out of the
    > packaging and you could even add some special sound effects to make it
    > even more real and below there was the cds
    > the idea was, the first time you opened the box to pick the cds to play
    > the game itself you would right at that moment be scared and frightened

    I've refer this post to the Portuguese Ministry of Psychiatric Health. They
    replied with the following (translated) e-mail.

    "While we appreciate that the author of the attached post does, indeed, seem
    to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic, we cannot act on this without
    substantial evidence that the author(diFool) is endangering himself or those
    around him. If this were the case we would not hesitate in recommending a
    lengthy incarceration at the local nuthouse with a daily dose of shock
    therapy for the foreseeable future."

    In other words....
    You should be certified.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    sayNO2steam wrote:
    ....so my idea was making it in a shape of the gates of hell itself,
    > and when you opened the gate you saw demons in 3d coming out of the
    > packaging and you could even add some special sound effects to make it
    > even more real and below there was the cds
    > the idea was, the first time you opened the box to pick the cds to play
    > the game itself you would right at that moment be scared and frightened

    If you fix and upgrade your PC you will be able to play the actual game
    instead of fantasising about playing with the damn box

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...

    Shawk wrote:

    > If you fix and upgrade your PC you will be able to play the actual
    > game instead of fantasising about playing with the damn box

    Do you know who else likes to play with empty boxes than the contents inside
    them? Toddlers. That must mean sayNO2maturity is a toddler.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> stated in message

    > I for one enjoy game boxes. The thief1&2 boxes were fairly unique in
    > not being rectangles. What other examples can people think of with oddly
    > shaped or truly distinctive packaging?
    >
    > rms

    Unfortunately I can't think of any. Even Thief 1 & 2 were sold here in
    Europe/UK in standard case, as far as I know, right from release date.

    Good packaging with games is similar to LP's for me, you can fit so much
    more into/onto a proper record sleeve. CD's never really did it for me
    although they are convenient for mp3 ripping. That's really the only
    benefit. Yeah, I must admit burning your own music cd's these days is better
    than your tape deck eating some old rare tape of yours, or worse somebody
    else's.

    Anybody over there willing to sell their Thief I box if they still got it?

    Have a nice day,

    Barnaby

    --
    Democracy has yet to be achieved.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    They night be purchased thru USA auctions at www.ebay.com

    Some sellers for the fee will ship world wide.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    >> I believe she's going to print a DVD case cover to house the whole
    >> trilogy.
    >> Doesn't do anything for me though, I like them in their original boxes.
    >
    > I for one enjoy game boxes. The thief1&2 boxes were fairly unique in
    > not being rectangles. What other examples can people think of with oddly
    > shaped or truly distinctive packaging?
    >
    > rms
    IMHO, "Ultrabots" (dev: Novalogic, pub: EA, 1995) had the most distinctive
    packaging of any pc game before or since. The package consisted of two
    cardboard tubes linked together by geometrically shaped end-pieces. The
    "box" (if it can be called that) was completely non-utilitarian. (I think
    I've still got pieces of it floating around my game-closet.) Once you
    opened the game, the "box" was impossible to keep together. A distant
    second would be the first or second Gabriel Knight game (don't remember
    which). "Stonekeep" with its tombstone-shaped box was also pretty
    distinctive. There was a time in the mid-90's when several game companies
    seemed to be trying to out-do one-another with weird and distinctive
    packaging.
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Hank the Rapper wrote:
    > Shawk wrote:
    >
    > > If you fix and upgrade your PC you will be able to play the actual
    > > game instead of fantasising about playing with the damn box
    >
    > Do you know who else likes to play with empty boxes than the contents
    inside
    > them? Toddlers. That must mean sayNO2maturity is a toddler.

    A horse is an animal with four legs. Therefore all four-legged animals
    must be horses.

    Sorry Hank, but your logic just hit a snag. ;)

    For reference, my money is on 12 years old.
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Chadwick wrote:

    > A horse is an animal with four legs. Therefore all four-legged animals
    > must be horses.
    >
    > Sorry Hank, but your logic just hit a snag. ;)
    >
    > For reference, my money is on 12 years old.

    In order to fight Difool's logic, you must use Difool's logic.
    ;)
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Infocom games in the mid-80s had distinctive boxes. _Suspended_ was
    packaged inside a white plastic mask (presumably meant to represent
    the cryogenically frozen main characater). _Hitchhiker's Guide to the
    Galaxy_ came in a regular box, but it was full of goodies, such as a
    small towel and genuine Peril Sensitive Sunglasses. _Starcross_ came
    in a flying-saucer shaped package.

    Rick R.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:56:51 +0000 (UTC) Rick Russell said :

    >Infocom games in the mid-80s had distinctive boxes. _Suspended_ was
    >packaged inside a white plastic mask (presumably meant to represent
    >the cryogenically frozen main characater). _Hitchhiker's Guide to the
    >Galaxy_ came in a regular box, but it was full of goodies, such as a
    >small towel and genuine Peril Sensitive Sunglasses. _Starcross_ came
    >in a flying-saucer shaped package.
    >
    >Rick R.

    Sounds neat. I have the Zork Nemisis here but neve got past the
    front doors. got confused real fast with that one.

    As far as some of the others I didnt know they did more than the
    text eventures I saw on Ebay for dirt cheap.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On the 19 Mar 2005, Geneve <a@n.com> wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:45:41 GMT rms said :

    <snip>

    > > I for one enjoy game boxes. The thief1&2 boxes were fairly unique in
    > >not being rectangles. What other examples can people think of with oddly
    > >shaped or truly distinctive packaging?
    >
    > I went looking and recently I found Thief Gold box.

    Since the UK version was basically a plain black box with a sleeve, I
    cut out the front picture from the sleeve to use as a poster, binned
    the box itself, and put the jewel case in the same box as T1.

    > Beats me what I did with the other boxes for T1 and T2.

    I still have these two, although the UK versions were the normal
    sized oblong cardboard box that was the standard back then. I tend to
    keep the boxes for all of my games.

    --
    Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
    The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

    nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

Games Graphics Video Games