Sign in with
Your question

Need a lockable case for architecture studio environment

Last response: in Components
June 21, 2010 6:24:22 PM

I am planning a new workstation build for my studio class and am looking for a case that I can easily lock up and cable to my desk. Anyone have any suggestions? Would also rather a workstation aesthetic rather than neon gaming rig.

I would like to stick to the MID TOWER form factor and the budget is $ 150 or less
a c 91 ) Power supply
June 21, 2010 8:20:04 PM

Firstly, a budget statement would've helped.. Now, why do you want to lock up the case..?? Instead you can get a heavy case which would sit firm on your desktop (or wherever you wish to place it)..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you still wish to lock, i guess the cooler master cosmos with its handles becomes the perfect candidate.. And it surely looks classy also..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
June 21, 2010 8:45:31 PM

Thanks for your responses!

to answer your questions, the studio is often left open and unattended and I am hoping to deter someone from grabbing my system and taking off. I have no illusions of this distracting real thieves but anything I can do from having them run off with the entire box or my Quadro card is worth the effort. So basically im thinking locking side panel and a cable lock to my desk.

I would like to stick to the MID TOWER form factor and the budget is $ 150 or less

m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
June 22, 2010 6:11:32 AM

I vote for bolts through the floor of the Rig into the desk, use a couple of spacers/washers between the desk and bottom of pc to avoid warping the case,
if they really want your pc, there getting a desk with it :) 
the second case Emperus posted is a nice looker too.
Moto
m
l
June 22, 2010 6:24:58 PM

If some one wants to steal it, they will, whether its tied down or not.

Use lowjack, and put a password on the hard drive.
m
l
!