New to OC, Need help please.

aero412

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Ok so im a hardcore gamer, i get about 50 FPS while gaming, and about 70-80 fps sitting in the game doing nothing. (I play TERA)

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Asus P8 H61-M LX3 R2.0
CPU: i5-3470
GPU- Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 TI
RAM- Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3
PSU- Antec 650W

Should I be OCing my system with those specs?

Im just looking for the best performance. If the FPS im getting now can be improved, im interested.

Also, if i am going to OC, when i go into the BIOS, what exactly should i be looking for? Theres a bunch of sliders, which one do i increase?

Thanks.

aero412

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Oh and another thing...

Im currently using MSI Afterburner to see the temperature and usage and such.

Im getting 99% usage on my GPU, with a temperate MAX of 53C

Im assuming thats good, but on the main settings of MSI Afterburner it has sliders to adjust the Core Clock, Shader Clock, Memory Clock, And Core Voltage..

Im assuming all these settings only relate to my GPU and not my CPU, but what should I slide up for better performance?

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002

Your CPU is locked thou you could mess with the base clock I do not recommend it because it may cause your PC to become very unstable. That would be counter productive to what you want.

One of the easiest ways to improve game performance is OCn your GPU and or adding a second one for SLI. Your motherboard does not allow for that so your stuck with OCn that GPU or getting a more powerful one.

Post a thread in the "Overclocking" sub-section "Graphics" and ask about OCn your specific GPU as I am not familiar with its capabilities.

Flakkattack

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
I have the same GPU and use MSI Afterburner to overclock. Its really easy, and coupled with benchmarking (futuremark or whatever) you can test it to make sure that there are no artifacts, and that its a stable overclock. I have my core set to 960 right now on my 560 ti and run battlefield on ultra high with no issues. I hit only about 60c and our card is rated for I believe about 80c, but I would never run that high.