Overall it runs great! However, when playing the larger maps on Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, it starts to choke up mid game. There are some games like this that I would like to be able to play without chokeups or slow-downs, without going broke. So here are some questions:
- Should I just upgrade my graphics card?
- If so, should I get the new GTS/X or go with a 9800GT?
- Should I upgrade anything else?
- If so, any recommendations?
1) the easiest upgrade you can make is to over clock your CPU, its free and you would see better results immediately
2) if you do want to upgrade your video card, I would skip the 9800GT. Its a good card but I have owned both the 9600GT OC and 9800GT and the step up is not large. I assume you have a 400w+ PSU. If so, the ATI 4850 and Nvidia GTS 250 are both at $100 or less. I would not upgrade to them though without a faster running CPU (new or OC the old one).
*You did not post your monitors native resolution but I'm guessing the 9600GT can handle games set to medium on it?