jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I had an overheating problem with my Crossfire 4850s (temps were getting up to 110 C) that I got under control, but my computer keeps shutting down during gaming and I'm not sure what the problem was. I dialed back my i7-920 to stock settings (I set everything to Auto on my motherboard (p6t)) and I ran memtest . I was playing Bad Company 2 and there were a few horizontal lines on the screen and eventually after about 20 minutes I got a bluescreen. I've had the computer for about a year and this is the first time I've started having problems. Any ideas?

Solution
Can you post your system temps under after at least an hour of running Prime 95's Blend test? Also, what did you do to correct the overheating on the two 4850's?

It points to a heat related issue at first glance but maybe related to PSU or RAM.

tecmo34

Administrator
Can you post your system temps under after at least an hour of running Prime 95's Blend test? Also, what did you do to correct the overheating on the two 4850's?

It points to a heat related issue at first glance but maybe related to PSU or RAM.

Solution

Latest posts