HARD DRIVE ERROR

I AM USING DELL INSPIRON DUAL CORE, WITH 320GB HARD DRIVE

RECENTLY I FACED A PROBLEM WITH MY HARD DRIVE. THE LAPTOP IS NOT STARTING UP.NOR THE WINDOW IS INSTALLING. IT STUCKS ON (SETUP IS STARTING). I CHECKED IT WITH THREE DIFFERENT WINDOW CD'S. ON TAKING DIAGNOSTICS TESTS, IT SHOWS ERROR IN HARD DRIVE. THE ERROR IS FOLLOWING:

HARD DRIVE 0-DST SHORT TEST
TEST RESULTS: FAIL
ERROR CODE 2000-0142
VALIDATION 43542
MSG: HARD DRIVE 0 - S/N WD-WX41EA1MTT11, SELF TEST UNSUCCESSFUL. STATUS = 7

IS THERE ANY CHANCES OF DISK REPAIR OR I HAVE TO BUY NEW ONE.

PLZZZ HELP ME AND GIVE YOUR USEFUL SUGGESTIONS.
4 answers Last reply
More about hard drive error
  1. Looks like it's time for a new HD. Once installed, you can slave the old HD to see if you can salvage any files you want to save.
  2. Hi Omer ...

Coudl you please let us know whether you could able to connect old HD to the new one and could able to recover data...
    I am facing same problem...I just want to confirm if HD is completely dead or partially deay...Can I recover the data from old HD...

Parag
  3. Omer Mirza said:
    I AM USING DELL INSPIRON DUAL CORE, WITH 320GB HARD DRIVE

RECENTLY I FACED A PROBLEM WITH MY HARD DRIVE. THE LAPTOP IS NOT STARTING UP.NOR THE WINDOW IS INSTALLING. IT STUCKS ON (SETUP IS STARTING). I CHECKED IT WITH THREE DIFFERENT WINDOW CD'S. ON TAKING DIAGNOSTICS TESTS, IT SHOWS ERROR IN HARD DRIVE. THE ERROR IS FOLLOWING:

HARD DRIVE 0-DST SHORT TEST
    TEST RESULTS: FAIL
    ERROR CODE 2000-0142
    VALIDATION 43542
    MSG: HARD DRIVE 0 - S/N WD-WX41EA1MTT11, SELF TEST UNSUCCESSFUL. STATUS = 7

IS THERE ANY CHANCES OF DISK REPAIR OR I HAVE TO BUY NEW ONE.

PLZZZ HELP ME AND GIVE YOUR USEFUL SUGGESTIONS.

ASK Omer,

I am facing exactly the same problem as mentioned above.
    Please let me know if you were able to get the solution.
    asadullah_syed@yahoo.com
  4. Hello Parag,

Were you able to solve the disk error, I am also facing exactly the same problem.
    Please post the remedy if you were able to find it.

Thanks in advance,
    Asad

paragmahajan40 said:
    Hi Omer ...

Coudl you please let us know whether you could able to connect old HD to the new one and could able to recover data...
    I am facing same problem...I just want to confirm if HD is completely dead or partially deay...Can I recover the data from old HD...

Parag
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Dell Inspiron Dual Core Storage