Sign in with
Your question

PSU Trouble

Last response: in Components
June 21, 2010 9:49:38 PM

My psu is a Corsair TX750w and i think that it is not connecting to the mother bored good . the plug goes in and locks but it still moves around a little. This might not but the problem but some how my computer just turns off and i have to re-boot. What would happen if i was to use the 4 pin aux plug from the old PSU. Because I can't just use the old one because it does not have the power needed for my XFX 5770 Graphics card So therefor using two PSUs would this cause a problem?

More about : psu trouble

a c 275 ) Power supply
June 21, 2010 10:02:45 PM

Sounds to me like the mobo connection is the problem.
Loose solder and the mobo connector is not making connection.(shorting)
I'd take out the mobo and have a closer look.
Is it still under warranty?
m
l
June 21, 2010 10:05:13 PM

I'm not sure if the computer is but i know that the new PSU is.
m
l
Related resources
a c 275 ) Power supply
June 21, 2010 10:38:16 PM

All i'm saying that is if you remove the psu 8 pin power plug and the mobo connection wiggles around alot itself(loose)
That may be the problem.
Also have a closer look at the psu 8 pin plug.
Maybe one or more of the pins is receded and not making full contact.
m
l
June 21, 2010 10:57:29 PM

The mobo does not wiggle just when i plug the psu into it the plug moves in side of the mobo.
m
l
June 22, 2010 2:22:22 AM

When you say the computer turns off and you have to reboot, what do you mean? Can you give a little more information?

I've only had power failure/turning on issues with two computers. One was using a power supply that had one of the 20 pin ATX cables missing entirely. Fans would go when the power button was held down, but nothing would work. A new power supply did the trick here. The other case was where one CPU pin had broken and the computer would turn on (but not post) for 2 seconds or so, turn off for a second, and repeat until the power plug was pulled. The motherboard had to be RMA'd (the new one resolved the problem).
m
l
June 22, 2010 3:15:03 AM

like it a complete shut-down as if you had pulled the plug. i know that if you move the 4 pin aux cable when the computer is on it will turn off. it's not the mobo connection to the mother bored its just the PSU well not stay tight, i does not come unplugged just wiggles and losses power.
m
l
!