Sign in with
Your question

Lexar USB drive not working MAC and PC

Last response: in Storage
May 19, 2012 6:04:45 PM

I tried plugging my USB drive into 4 seperate PC's, its giving me the same problem on all. It assigns a drive name, but when I try opening it it says "please insert a disk into drive G." On PC I tried running the chkdsk command and it told me "volume not accessible" or something of the sort.

I tried plugging it into my MAC today, hoping it would work. The light on the USB drive comes on (and stays on as if its "charging"). The USB shows up in disk utility, but gives me no option to select to verify/repair the disk.

I need the data off of this drive. I will pay to get the data off of this drive. I am an engineer and my entire senior design project was on this USB. Only half of what I had was backed up on my PC. Any help besides "the USB is fried, by a new one" would be GREATLY appreciated.
May 21, 2012 9:47:30 PM

Hi Chelsea,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Lexar USB drive and would like to help. Please contact our tech support team so that they may work to recover the data from the flash drive. Our team can be reached at Support@lexar.com or 1-877-747-4031 (US and Canada), 1-208-363-5862 (Outside US and Canada).

Thank you,
The Lexar Team

ChelseaJ said:
I tried plugging my USB drive into 4 seperate PC's, its giving me the same problem on all. It assigns a drive name, but when I try opening it it says "please insert a disk into drive G." On PC I tried running the chkdsk command and it told me "volume not accessible" or something of the sort.

I tried plugging it into my MAC today, hoping it would work. The light on the USB drive comes on (and stays on as if its "charging"). The USB shows up in disk utility, but gives me no option to select to verify/repair the disk.

I need the data off of this drive. I will pay to get the data off of this drive. I am an engineer and my entire senior design project was on this USB. Only half of what I had was backed up on my PC. Any help besides "the USB is fried, by a new one" would be GREATLY appreciated.

m
l
June 7, 2012 7:52:20 PM

I am having the same issue.. i don't wanna call. What is the solution??
thanks
m
l
September 13, 2012 10:09:56 PM

My grandson said 20-30 Lexar flash drives quit working at his school last week. Sounds like buy something else in the future. Lexar needs to follow up with users.
m
l
!