Q6600 bios issue???

Jimbobsey

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Overclocking noob in need of help.

I'm trying to overclock my q6600 quad on Phoenix AwardBios CMOS and it isn't giving me the option to change the FSB speed? Is it possible on this bios? If not is there another way?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

demonsparkx

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
ive read about a pin mod you can do with that chip with taping off one of the cpus pins to cover it up, which for some systems makes it run at 3Ghz. im not fimilar with that bios though. according to newegg for that mobo model it states "It is Intel QuadCore compatible and is highly adjustable for the over-clocking crowd with controls for adjusting clock frequency, separate controls for Core, Chip and DIMM voltages, adjustable front-side buss frequency, and adjustable PCI Express frequency." so overclocking with that board shouldn't be any problem.

Jimbobsey

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Not yet. Tried it again. Got in up to 2.7 and everything seemed ok. As soon as I restarted it again, it froze on the bios menu- argh

demonsparkx

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

damn hmm, what are/were your settings for the cpu like voltage etc. ive had mine stable before at 3GHz but recently its only stable with a 1.735V core voltage, 8* multi @ 333MHz FSB.