Intel Core I5 2500k Overclocking with Gigabyte motherboard

Augis15

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Hello guys, I really want to Overclock my I5 2500k on my motherboard Gigabyte GA-PA65-UD3-B3 so the question is simple how can I do that?

Augis15

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
More info: 4GB DDR3 Ram, Asus HD 5700 series.
By the way I don't have CPU cooler maybe you can advice one?

barto

Expert
Ambassador
Sorry, here is the one I was originally looking for.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265056-29-2600k-2500k-overclocking-guide

So overclocking. First thing is to make sure you have an aftermarket cooler for your CPU. If you don't, you will need one.

Second, read the link I just posted above. Take your time, it's a lot of info just like in the other ones. However, even if you don't understand how they apply, you should know what they are as OC is an advance process. But you can do it.

Third, OC is a trial/error process. You make small steps up to find a stable frequency. For example, base freq = 3.4 ghz. Start with 3.9 ghz (use the multiplier). Run stress testing hardware. If stable, increase clock. Stress test, increase clock. etc. Edit: Also the 3.9 was a random selected clock. You can start there if you want because of turbo boost of the CPU is rated for 3.9. However, this doesn't mean you can jump up .5 ghz ever time. Sometimes you may need to step by .05 ghz.

You should monitor the temps at all times. If you get a BSOD (blue scree of death) right after you OC'd, it usually means an unstable clock, so you can either increase or decrease the clock by just a little and stress test again.

You can't increase ghz by .05. +1 is .1ghz, there is no .5 multi. And I won't suggest changing bclk. Also there is no harm going straight to the average oc for a 2500k, save time and go straight to 1.35v and try 4.5ghz. If it isn't stable, lower the speed.

I'm surprised no one realized his mobo is h61. You cannot oc on your mobo.

TRENDING THREADS