Sign in with
Your question

No audio after BIOS flash

Last response: in Motherboards
December 23, 2010 12:12:55 PM

I just flashed my motherboard's bios to the latest stable bios (FI Bios on a GIGABYTE EX58-UD3R motherboard). I also have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound card in one of the board's PCI x1 slots; however it is no longer working, despite the OS and Creative's auto-update software detecting the soundcard.

What could this be caused by, and how should I fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

More about : audio bios flash

April 6, 2011 9:24:09 PM

Best answer selected by p014k.
m
l
December 27, 2011 3:34:40 PM

p014k said:
I just flashed my motherboard's bios to the latest stable bios (FI Bios on a GIGABYTE EX58-UD3R motherboard). I also have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound card in one of the board's PCI x1 slots; however it is no longer working, despite the OS and Creative's auto-update software detecting the soundcard.

What could this be caused by, and how should I fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello I just had this very same problem and thought I would share the solution that worked for me as this was the only thread this specific in my google search. I'll add a few extra words that might help others searching for the same problem, which might kill readability a smidge.

I had updated my gigabyte bios via the @bios utility (which you HAVE to do for more recent versions) and noticed my Creative soundblaster SB titanium x-fi stopped working and wasnt recognized in my sound control panel, though it was still listed in my sound devices under control panel>system.

To fix it (before rolling back the bios, which you should try if this doesnt work), be sure to have the 'Creative Software Autoupdater' installed on your system:
-From control panel>devices scroll down to 'sound, video, game controllers' and select your creative sb sound card, and uninstall it.
-After it's finished uninstalling, go to the top and select Action>Scan for hardware changes and hopefully it will find an unidentified item on your pci bridge
-Give windows a second to try to locate and install drivers for it, and if it doesn't:
-open the 'Creative Software Autoupdater' and let it find your soundcard!

this method worked for me without having to roll back the bios so I hope it can help a few others and save the frutstration of dealing with more creative messes.
m
l
!