Motherboard replacement for a HP Pavilion a6537c (KQ507AA)

rogersfreud

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
First i want to thank the community which helped me with one of my computers yesturday on a motherboard issue which needed to be replaced.
a special shout out to: o1die, who was very knowledgeable and instrumental in the decision making process.

However, my brother texted me last night that his computer that i purchased him 2 years ago 'died' on him and he was told by Best buy that the MOtherboard was fried on his computer as well. when i looked at the m/b prices for his computer this morning they were in the $300- $400 dollar range. ironically enough i purchased the computer for about $500 and the m/b replacement is around $350 - go figure.

According to the internet his computer's motherboard is a HP-Compaq KJ383-69002 Motherboard Napa GL8E.
his computer is a HP Pavilion a6537c (KQ507AA).

can anyone recommend a substitute for that M/B that is not as expensive?
your help with this would be AWESOME!!!!
as i am not savvy enough to figure it out.
once again thanks, o1die, for helping me out with my computer yesterday.

thanks,
isaac

At newegg, they have a zotac NF61I-L-E micro atx board for $49.99 shipped that uses the same chipset as your old foxconn hp motherboard. You may find your old board used on ebay or uk ebay if you look around. You'll need to reinstall windows with a new coa, unless microsoft sends you a new one. But try booting up anyway when you get it running.

rogersfreud

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010

Yeah, thanks, o1die.

is this the m/b you are referring to:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500058&cm_re=micro_atx_motherboard-_-13-500-058-_-Product

rogersfreud

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010

i am not sure what that "533 ddr2" means but i will take your word for it.
i do know it may have something to do with the memory but i could not find that info on his HP a6537c computer.

thanks again.