HDD not displaying properly after new windows installation

ucrogpog

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
Hello,

I recently upgraded my computer with a 1TB SATA HDD and Windows 7 Ultimate x64. After backing up & wiping my two existing HDD, I installed W7 and proceeded to format/partition during the set up. After set up completed, however, I am unable to find some of my partitions, as well as one of my existing SATA drives within My Computer.
It displays my 36GB SATA, 1 of my 500GB partitions from my new 1TB, and "Local Disk (D:)" but does not allow access to D or show the contents/size. All 3 show in device manager. I've searched and searched the last two days, but can't find anything specific to this.
Any help would be appreciated

Rundown of my specs:

ASUS M4A87TD AMD Socket AM3
AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9 GHz
4x 4GB Corsair DDR3 1600

and my 3 hard drives:

WD WD360GD-00FNA0 36GB SATA 3GB/s (displays properly)
Seagate ST3250318AS 250GB SATA 3GB/s
(only shows in device manager)
WD WD1001FALS 1TB SATA 3GB/s
(shows 500GB partition in Computer)

it a bad bug with windows. with sata ports and hard drives now if your not carfull in the install of windows now it will blow away a drive partion info to set up two new partions...a system partion and a active boot partion. the missing drive just needs to be formatted using windows disk managment if the partion has not be tuched by windows install. then it will be given a drive letter and should be seen in windows fine. to fix the other drive your going to have to redo windows install. or use windows drive tools to resize the partions. most times with more then one drive i tell people to unplug the data cables of the drives they want windows not to tuch. makes for an easer install.

ucrogpog

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
Thanks for the replies.

I actually have attempted to go to disk management, but for whatever reason, it never connects to the virtual disk service. Any suggestions as to why?