Sign in with
Your question

Dual Monitors On TV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 23, 2010 7:12:49 AM

Hello,
I've hooked my 'puter up to have dual monitors. My second monitor (24" TV) is hooked up via a/v (yellow rca). Everything is way to big on the TV. I've adjusted the display to it's smallest setting, and it's still too big(1024 X 768). It's as though I have it set at the lowest setting. When I adjust to the lowest setting,(800 X 600) Everything is humongous. Any Ideas?

More about : dual monitors

March 23, 2010 2:13:36 PM

Wait, I don't understand: wouldn't setting your TV display at a higher resolution solve your problem? You can always set Windows to zoom text if you can no longer read it at higher resolutions.
March 30, 2010 2:11:58 AM

The setting for the 2nd display is set 1280 x 1024. Which, I thought, would be a good setting. It's also the smallest. However, on the TV, Everything is Jumbo sized (as if it were on the larger setting of 800 x 600). Just for kicks, I adjusted to for a lower resolution and, That, (obviously) made it Super Jumbo. Now, if I go directly from VGA out of the 'puter to VGA in on the TV, the setting looks perfect at 1280 x 960. However, composite out of 'puter to composite in on the same TV, it looks Jumbo sized and a little distorted. Thanx for taking the time, BTW.
!