Tags:
  • Asus
  • Support
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 23, 2010 1:53:07 PM

Hello -

I have an HP m7160n with the Asus P5LP-LE motherboard. What is the largest SATA hard drive this motherboard will support? Are there any restrictions (speed, sector size etc.)?

Thanks!

More about : asus p5lp hrad drive support

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b α HP
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 23, 2010 3:41:36 PM

Depends on what version of windows you're running. Your board has sata II support; with windows xp service pack 3 or windows 7, I would try for a single large partition; if windows won't format it, go for 2 partitions. I use maxblast 5.0, a free download off maxtor or seagate's website. It may ask you which windows version you're using before setting up the partitions. Then you can clone your old hardrive if you're not changing motherboards; this saves alot of time.
m
l
December 24, 2010 12:47:59 AM

o1die said:
Depends on what version of windows you're running. Your board has sata II support; with windows xp service pack 3 or windows 7, I would try for a single large partition; if windows won't format it, go for 2 partitions. I use maxblast 5.0, a free download off maxtor or seagate's website. It may ask you which windows version you're using before setting up the partitions. Then you can clone your old hardrive if you're not changing motherboards; this saves alot of time.

I'm using windows xp service pack 3 so I'll try the large partition first.

Thanks for your help!
m
l
!