Ok my specs are in my sig

I bought a new SSD OCZ agility 3 SSD 120 GB

Installed the drive i guess on GSata Controller and the DVD on the other Controller, changed the ( PCH ) controller to AHCI and installed windows 7 home 64 bits

Installed drivers and windows, went into bios to OC my CPU back to 3.2 and see the PCH Sata controller was back to IDE

I try the fix for this and when i went to regedit msaahci it was already set to 0 ...... So i went back to bios and set

PCH to AHCI

eSATA to AHCI

gSATA to AHCI

save and exit now i cant get into Windows so i go back to bios and just try gSATA no luck, try eSATA no luck, try g and e SATA no luck

Can anyone help me with this, or should i just toss this *** in the water and get a 12 pack and watch the lakers ? :)

Thanks

Solution
For the p55 MB, and a Agillity III, recommend that you stick it on the first INTEL sata II port, Not the marvel based Sata III port (would need to reinstall windows with Intel Controller set to ahci. Once installed go to intel and download the newest RST driver and install.

1) the Agillity III performance is just as good on a Intel Sata II port when comparted to being on a Intel sata III Port. This has been shown in a review and I verified on My I5-2500k (Have two of the Agility IIIs). I commonly refer to the Agility III as a Sata II SSD with a SATA III wrapper.

2) performance of SSDs on the marvel controller is sub par, especially with the Older marvel controller.

Added: make sure you have the latest Bios ver (ck MB webset), and...
For the p55 MB, and a Agillity III, recommend that you stick it on the first INTEL sata II port, Not the marvel based Sata III port (would need to reinstall windows with Intel Controller set to ahci. Once installed go to intel and download the newest RST driver and install.

1) the Agillity III performance is just as good on a Intel Sata II port when comparted to being on a Intel sata III Port. This has been shown in a review and I verified on My I5-2500k (Have two of the Agility IIIs). I commonly refer to the Agility III as a Sata II SSD with a SATA III wrapper.

2) performance of SSDs on the marvel controller is sub par, especially with the Older marvel controller.

Added: make sure you have the latest Bios ver (ck MB webset), and that the Agillity III also has the latest firmware. Agillity IIIs with firmware bebore 2.11 and some MB chipsets were probmatic to say the least.

Solution

Ok so move the SSD to a intell Sata port, then set

PCH to AHCI eSATA to AHCI and gSATA to AHCI then boot off DVD and install windows reformat SSD ? ( no need to do the F6 thing ? ) then go to intell and download a run new drivers for the intell controller ?

I think i got away from reinstalling

I just moved them to the intel controller, set bios to AHCI and rebooted.... The system rebooted and bam!!!

We will see if it stays stable, if not i will reinstall

Now go to intel and update drivers ?

my Windows score went from 6.9 to 7.7 the SSD was the 6.9

now

not bad

I was going to to upgrade my firmare but the site said i cants update it with there softwhare because i have windows installed to it ? still need to look into it.

Yes my MB bios is flashed @ F10

Have not played around with PCs for 2 years after i made my i5 750 build untill 3 days ago or i need to read up :)

BTW any good HDD with 1 TB storage capassity to boost windows 7 scores passed 5.9 ? was thinking about getting the kids PC a new HDD there only have a 500 with 7millon games on it lol

1) HDDs cap out @ 5.9 for WEI. The only time I've sean 6.0 For HDDs was on a pair of HDDs using raid0 and was short stroked (only 30% of the drive space used).

2) WEI score of a Agility III is about correct.

3) On updating the firmware on the agility III, I think you can use a Linux boot disk. This is Normally a NON-distructive flash, UNLESS it says it will.

4) Now that you have the SSD set up, drivers loaded and your software loaded, It's time to "protect yourself - Run windows back-up (located in control panel) and perform a image of your boot drive ("C"-drive).
-- This will perform an image of your c drive + the 100 mb system partition. You can place it on the HDD, but I always iether place it on a BU USB HDD, or if I do it to an internal drive I then copy it to a HDD.
Shoud you ever need to re-install windows, its a 10 -> 15 min job.
... NO Re-install windows.
.. No reload Drivers
.. No reload programs.
If needed, just insert a Windows Install disk (or use the "Repair" disk that windows BU will prompt you for after finishing the image) and select: Repair, Then rstore using image. When done, you will boot to windows EXACTLY as it was when the image was created.

Nice ! i will look into the firmware update

Then back up ( I do have a few External USB HDD i use for my back up for music, ect ) That should work.

Last question :) now that i have my SSD setup and all the programs, Drivers, and windows updates how do i set it to now install the rest of whatever i install to my WD black 640 HDD ?

When you do a Program install, The progrma should (at least Most) ask you what directory you want it to install to, Normall the defualt is C:\ Blanky-blank. Just change this to the HDD. I normally create a folder(directory) on the HDD called programs and install to that Folder (ie D:\Programs\Blanky-blank.

Just some tweeks I normally do, Just google the how to.
1) Disable Hibernation - saves an amount of disk space = to Amount of ram you have.

2) manage your Page file (virtual memory). I always set Min and max to the same value, stops windows from shrinking and expanding. You have 8 gigs of ram and windows will set this to a wapping 12 Gigs on your SSD. Recommend that you set min and max both to 1024 mb, This will save another approx 11 gigs of SSD disk space. If by some Very slim chance you ever get an out of memory error, just go back in and set the Min/max to say 2048 mb. This can also be moved to the HDD, with a slight performance penalty.

3. Important Either redoce the size that Restore points can use to a smaller value, or as some do disable it. Resort points can grow to a 4 -> 6 gigs, if not limited.

4. I move the C: my documents folder to the HDD. This is your data and can become large if you save to it.

LOL - I retired from USAF in 1983, then retired as a NASA contractor in 2004. In 2008 they called me and asked if I'd like to come back as "causal Time" (<20 Hrs per week), that has gone to part time then to full time (30) - Only need to work 30 hrs per week - At least I can take days off pretty much as My call.