Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is there a way...?

Last response: in Storage
May 20, 2012 3:24:43 AM

Ok Im upgrading from vista 64 to windows 7, and I have 2 hard drives in my computers, one of them has only my games and music\docs\vids\pics ect...And the other has my OS and antivirus and other stuff, I was wondering if i just unplug my other hard drive while i install win7 if I would still be able to use the files on it

More about : question

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
a c 132 G Storage
May 20, 2012 3:33:56 AM

jkrules22 said:
Ok Im upgrading from vista 64 to windows 7, and I have 2 hard drives in my computers, one of them has only my games and music\docs\vids\pics ect...And the other has my OS and antivirus and other stuff, I was wondering if i just unplug my other hard drive while i install win7 if I would still be able to use the files on it

when you install any app or game in windows some of the program is in windows registry. if you wipe and install the os drive your goingto have to reinstall some or all of your app and games. most people use an upgrade disk to change from older version of windows to the newer ones without losing there programs.
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
May 20, 2012 3:35:47 AM

it wil work just unplug format the os one install windows then whe everything work stop computer and plug the other one or leave it in and format the c drive and install win 7
m
l
Related resources
May 20, 2012 3:39:23 AM

Best answer selected by jkrules22.
m
l
May 20, 2012 3:40:03 AM

Thanks guys,

and @smorizio Im using a upgrade disc so I should be fine
m
l