Acer Aspire Battery Life

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 17, 2004 1:24:07 AM

I have had my Acer aspire (2020) for a couple of months now and, for a first
laptop, I am fairly impressed.

One issue I do have is the battery life. Acer advertises around 6 hours and
this was a factor in me choosing this particular laptop. I followed the
battery charging instructions when the pc was new but I am getting around 3
hours battery life. I am sure the battery life will vary depending what
applications are running, is there a way to check my battery life against a
benchmark? Or should I recondition (i.e fully discharge > fully charge on
multiple occasions) the batteries?

Thanks
September 17, 2004 12:18:00 PM

"Tony Maddocks" <tony@boswellsxxx.net> wrote in message
> I have had my Acer aspire (2020) for a couple of months now and, for a
first
> laptop, I am fairly impressed.

Don't know the specs, but three hours is an ok value. A lot of powerful
laptops can't even stand out longer than 2 hours..
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 17, 2004 2:06:36 PM

"Tony Maddocks" <tony@boswellsxxx.net> wrote in

> I have had my Acer aspire (2020) for a couple of months now and, for a
> first laptop, I am fairly impressed.
>
> One issue I do have is the battery life. Acer advertises around 6
> hours and this was a factor in me choosing this particular laptop. I
> followed the battery charging instructions when the pc was new but I
> am getting around 3 hours battery life. I am sure the battery life
> will vary depending what applications are running, is there a way to
> check my battery life against a benchmark? Or should I recondition
> (i.e fully discharge > fully charge on multiple occasions) the
> batteries?

The 6 hour spec assumes that your built-in wireless is turned off, and your
screen brightness is turned way down. I have an Aspire 2000, and it was
the store model, so it was plugged in all day every day until i bought it.
I get about 3 hours with wireless on and my screen pretty bright.

As far as battery life/conditioning goes, there really isn't a clear
census. But do fully discharge/fully charge every couple of weeks or so.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 18, 2004 5:10:08 PM

i have a kds 376ch notebook, i need a battery and some guys had told me is a
sotec. i have tried to find out about the battery for a replacement and can
find. can anybody help????

mito@coqui.net
!