scheduled task won't run in Windows XP Home

December 23, 2004 10:45:05 PM

I'm trying to set up a bat file to run in Windows XP Home Scheduled Tasks.
However, when the time comes to run, it doesn't and displays the Next Run
Time. I checked the Security Log and saw the following error where <account>
is the account name. I left the password fields empty as there is no password
associated with the account and I am currently logged in with that account.
Am I doing something wrong?

Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: <account>
Source Workstation: <computername>
Error Code: 0xC000006E
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 11:59:49 PM

Scheduled Tasks require an account with a non-blank password.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Nick B" wrote:
| I'm trying to set up a bat file to run in Windows XP Home Scheduled Tasks.
| However, when the time comes to run, it doesn't and displays the Next Run
| Time. I checked the Security Log and saw the following error where
<account>
| is the account name. I left the password fields empty as there is no
password
| associated with the account and I am currently logged in with that
account.
| Am I doing something wrong?
|
| Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
| Logon account: <account>
| Source Workstation: <computername>
| Error Code: 0xC000006E
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 12:01:02 PM

Thanks! It worked. I noticed the warning, but it says that SOME will not work
and I assumed that this was basic enough to not need a password. Didn't know
that ALL needed a password.

Thanks again.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Scheduled Tasks require an account with a non-blank password.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Nick B" wrote:
> | I'm trying to set up a bat file to run in Windows XP Home Scheduled Tasks.
> | However, when the time comes to run, it doesn't and displays the Next Run
> | Time. I checked the Security Log and saw the following error where
> <account>
> | is the account name. I left the password fields empty as there is no
> password
> | associated with the account and I am currently logged in with that
> account.
> | Am I doing something wrong?
> |
> | Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
> | Logon account: <account>
> | Source Workstation: <computername>
> | Error Code: 0xC000006E

Anonymous