scheduled task won't run in Windows XP Home

I'm trying to set up a bat file to run in Windows XP Home Scheduled Tasks.
However, when the time comes to run, it doesn't and displays the Next Run
Time. I checked the Security Log and saw the following error where <account>
is the account name. I left the password fields empty as there is no password
associated with the account and I am currently logged in with that account.
Am I doing something wrong?

Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: <account>
Source Workstation: <computername>
Error Code: 0xC000006E
3 answers Last reply
More about scheduled task windows home

    Scheduled Tasks require an account with a non-blank password.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Nick B" wrote:
    | I'm trying to set up a bat file to run in Windows XP Home Scheduled Tasks.
    | However, when the time comes to run, it doesn't and displays the Next Run
    | Time. I checked the Security Log and saw the following error where
    <account>
    | is the account name. I left the password fields empty as there is no
    password
    | associated with the account and I am currently logged in with that
    account.
    | Am I doing something wrong?
    |
    | Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
    | Logon account: <account>
    | Source Workstation: <computername>
    | Error Code: 0xC000006E

    Thanks! It worked. I noticed the warning, but it says that SOME will not work
    and I assumed that this was basic enough to not need a password. Didn't know
    that ALL needed a password.

    Thanks again.

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Scheduled Tasks require an account with a non-blank password.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Nick B" wrote:
    > | I'm trying to set up a bat file to run in Windows XP Home Scheduled Tasks.
    > | However, when the time comes to run, it doesn't and displays the Next Run
    > | Time. I checked the Security Log and saw the following error where
    > <account>
    > | is the account name. I left the password fields empty as there is no
    > password
    > | associated with the account and I am currently logged in with that
    > account.
    > | Am I doing something wrong?
    > |
    > | Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
    > | Logon account: <account>
    > | Source Workstation: <computername>
    > | Error Code: 0xC000006E

    You're welcome.

    --

    "Nick B" wrote:
    | Thanks! It worked. I noticed the warning, but it says that SOME will not
    work
    | and I assumed that this was basic enough to not need a password. Didn't
    know
    | that ALL needed a password.
    |
    | Thanks again.

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP