andythefan

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
I have an Asus N61jq.

i7 720Q
8 Gigs of Ram
320 GB HDD
Windows 7 - Home Premium

In the last couple months I've run into a problem, where after resuming from sleep or hibernation many important functions of the computer do not work for at least a few minutes. Any external mice or things attached to USB, eSAta, etc are not detected instantly, the WiFi takes a few minutes to start up, the screen doesn't go to full brightness until a few minutes in. These things lead me to believe that Windows has a delay in the time it takes for it to recognize that it is awake again. I can be logged and accessing everything on my computer, but those critical functions might not be available for a few minutes. I haven't had this problem before recently.

Usually, a few minutes after resume nothing works, then you hear a "duh-duh!" sound (the sound that Windows makes when it recognizes a new USB device attached) and all of a sudden all it's usual functions start working, the screen goes to the battery profile brightness, any USB devices start working, and the wireless adapter turns on. What is causing this delay? I would thinking faulty drivers, but everything works... just too late after I resume my PC. Maybe the battery profile takes too long to recognize that Windows as resumed?

If anyone can provide any insight, please leave a message because this is a very annoying issue as I can't use my computer immediately when I wake it from sleep or hibernation.

do you have any messages from the action center flag in the taskbar relating to slow resume ?

i fixed some ones laptop with a similar problem and it was caused by a program running in the background

called asus instant boot or asus instant on something similar

TRENDING THREADS