Sign in with
Your question

No internet connection

Last response: in Motherboards
December 23, 2010 5:03:30 PM

Hi there! I wish everyone Merry Chritsmas. I have a Gigabyte GA-P55 UD4P board with Intel core i5 750, RaidMax RX- 730SS Power supply 730W, a Nvidia geforce gtx 260 graphic card and 8GB XSM Corsair Memory and a WD Caviar 1TB Harddrive and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OEM. Here it is, my computer was fine until I decide to use WUBI
to install Ubuntu. I did installed it but I have no network connection so I couldn't fix it. I went back and boot to Windows 7 just to find out that I have an issue with the Network connection, you know no internet at all. Any way I manage to fix the issue by using the other network port and it did work. This Gigabyte has dual network port. Anyway a week later or so I decided again to install wuby so I can dual boot and have ubuntu like I have in my other computer. Here we go again I have the same issue again im already frustrated. Again I booted to Windows 7 and again the same problem but this time I have not fix it yet. I have no internet connection. I tried both port and nothing I did a restore and nothing still the same problem. I ran a diagnostic report on Windows 7 and all the tests passed. I unistalled the network driver and install it again and nothing happen. I will appreciated any help. Thansk in advance and Happy Chritsmas.

More about : internet connection

January 19, 2011 4:52:13 AM

sounds like some sort of bios issue
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 19, 2011 5:08:39 AM

Is the lan driver installed for ubuntu or just in windows?
not played with dual boots myself but I'd assume (rightly or otherwise) that both O/s's needed the drivers installed
Moto
m
l
!