Sign in with
Your question

VIA p820 Input voltage

Last response: in Motherboards
December 23, 2010 7:57:45 PM

So to make a long story short after a long day of configuring/pulling wires i accidentaly reversed the input of the motherboard (that is GND to +12v and +12v to GND) board made a pop noise as if a fuse blew.

Does anyone have any experience with these boars and their "PSU"'s (any fuses to reset?)

"happy" holidays all :) 

More about : p820 input voltage

a b V Motherboard
December 23, 2010 8:15:05 PM

Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with these boars and their "PSU"'s

Be sure to shut down and unplug the system when plugging the PSU connectors into the MB. I'd recommend .30 calibur for the boar.
December 23, 2010 9:27:45 PM

badge said:
Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with these boars and their "PSU"'s

Be sure to shut down and unplug the system when plugging the PSU connectors into the MB. I'd recommend .30 calibur for the boar.

Lol typo :) 

The PSU is integrated into the motherboard , hence no way to disconnect it from it :( 

It's a long shot but maby a CMOS reset could help ?
Related resources
a c 156 V Motherboard
December 24, 2010 4:11:13 AM

Pir4t said:

The PSU power regulator is integrated into the motherboard , hence no way to disconnect it from it :( 

The PSU is that box that sits at the top or the bottom of the case.

What kind of PSU?

The overload current protection built into a good PSU would have nondestructively shut the PSU down instead of probably frying something.
December 24, 2010 5:22:45 PM

I thought you guys knew your mobo's , this is a picoITX board with an integrated PSU for mobile use (such as auto, boat or airplane where you have a 12v battery)

Here's a pic of the board(bottom left connector is the DC input)
!