No POST/No Display

TheOKAY

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
When I plug in my graphics card, my ram, and my CPU and power the whole thing with my PSU I get nothing on my monitor but I do get the CPU fan to spin and the graphics card fan to spin and the power LED comes on the board.

Here's my hardware: Athlon II X4 630, XFX Radeon HD 5770, GSKILL DDR3 1600 Ripjaws (PC 12800), and Antec TP-750W.

Here's what I did to troubleshoot.
I took the motherboard out of the case and placed it on the motherboard box so there would be no short circuiting.
I unplugged my Hardrive and my Optical drive for simplification.
I had my friend bring his computer and I tested my RAM and my graphics card and my power-supply on his computer and his computer booted up fine.

So I think that means that I've narrowed it down to the motherboard or the CPU. I tried clearing the CMOS on the mother board and moving the RAM around to different ports to see if one of the ports is not working. I guess I still don't know if the BIOS is updated for my CPU but I was insured that it was when I called ASUS.

It puzzles me as to why the CPU fan would still spin if the motherboard is broken but I guess it could.

I'm posting on this forum because from the research I did online I haven't heard any problems about the CPU being bad but many about this motherboard being bad.

So is there any other tests I can try on my mobo before I RMA it?

Solution
it looks like there is a 4 pin to the top left of the CPU that must be plugged in to supply power to your cpu

Some mobo have a 4 pin or 8 pin for the CPU power

its step 2 in the link i showed you

TheOKAY

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Yea I went through each of those steps in depth and now I'm at the point where I think I've narrowed down the problem to the motherboard.
Look at what I've done, does it point to the motherboard being the bad one or am I missing something?

TheOKAY

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
I am officially the biggest noob that there ever was. I read that line so many times, each time assuming that I did not need to plug in the 4 pin since I already plugged in the 24 pin.

I am really sorry about that.
Wow is my face red.
BTW the system booted up fine. Really happy with the help here.
Sorry once again.