Boot and Temporary storage?

tacokiller10

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Hey everybody. I recently built my computer and for now it only has an 128gb SSD for a boot drive and I wont be getting a storage drive for a few more weeks. I was wondering if I could use the ssd for booting and storage until I get my main storage drive.

Is it possible to move everything but Windows over to the main drive when I buy it? It wont corrupt my OS or data will it? Nothing is really important, I can reinstall the data and os if it does. Itll just take time, which I dont particularly have. :pfff:

Solution
As far as I know, there's no way to just move installed apps to the new storage drive. Apps will have to be uninstalled from the SSD and re-installed to the HDD.

On the other hand, data such as photos, music and documents can be moved to the new HDD drive when you get it no problem.

Either way, you shouldn't have to re-install Windows at all.
As far as I know, there's no way to just move installed apps to the new storage drive. Apps will have to be uninstalled from the SSD and re-installed to the HDD.

On the other hand, data such as photos, music and documents can be moved to the new HDD drive when you get it no problem.

Either way, you shouldn't have to re-install Windows at all.

Solution

tacokiller10

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010

Okay. I just wanted to double check. Thanks man! :D