Sign in with
Your question

Three questions, antec1200 audio problem,atx connection, &fan connection.

Last response: in Systems
April 14, 2010 4:05:06 AM

Hello,
first,

the front panel audio cable for hdaudio wire diagram, doesn't match the amd giabyte 790fxta motherboard wire diagram, even the names are different what can i do & how to do it.

second,
the power supply that i have has a atx 4 pin and a eps 8 pin which do i use for my 8 pin atx gigabyte amd 790fxta motherboard?

third,

antec 1200 case, where do i connect my six fans with modular connections? the ones that have the four wired modular connections in a series, two black, one red & one yellow, the fan wire red wire corresponds with the yellow wire if connected and black to black these the correct ones? then that would mean that when i turn my power switch on (psu) the fans would run even with out my computer running?(until i pushed the front panel power button)
April 14, 2010 4:30:10 AM

I'm kind of confused on what your problem is with the front panel connectors. Do you mean that the cables you have are labeled with different names than what's given in your motherboard manual?

You need to use the 8-pin EPS connector. Don't use the 4-pin ATX one.

If your fans use standard molex connectors (the 4-pin D-shaped ones, which I think you described) you simply plug them into corresponding connectors on your PSU.

When you hit the switch on your PSU, only standby power is enabled (just enough for your board clock and WOL if you use it), which is not powerful enough to drive your fans. When your PSU receives an "on" signal from your motherboard (when you hit the switch), it will turn all of the fans on and give power to your system.
m
l
April 21, 2010 8:21:30 AM

frozenlead said:
I'm kind of confused on what your problem is with the front panel connectors. Do you mean that the cables you have are labeled with different names than what's given in your motherboard manual?

You need to use the 8-pin EPS connector. Don't use the 4-pin ATX one.

If your fans use standard molex connectors (the 4-pin D-shaped ones, which I think you described) you simply plug them into corresponding connectors on your PSU.

When you hit the switch on your PSU, only standby power is enabled (just enough for your board clock and WOL if you use it), which is not powerful enough to drive your fans. When your PSU receives an "on" signal from your motherboard (when you hit the switch), it will turn all of the fans on and give power to your system.

Sorry for the long reply, work too much, im very paranoid, it was my first build and I spent alot of money, didn't want a large paper weight. Can you believe I sat for an hour before I turned it on for the first time, thinking what I do if nothing happened.

Everything is okay but I'm afraid to plug up front panel audio connector, the case plug says intel hd audio, and the diagrams are named different and I don't know what they mean.

case hd audio diagram:

1 MIC2 L
2 AGND
3 MIC2 R
4 AVCC
5 FRO-R
6 MIC2_JD
7 F_IO_SEN
8 Key (no pin)
9 FRO-L
10 LINE2_JD

motherboard hd audio diagram:

No. Definition
1 MIC2_L
2 GND
3 MIC2_R
4 -ACZ_DET
5 LINE2_R
6 GND
7 FAUDIO_JD
8 No Pin
9 LINE2_L
10 GND

I'm confused are these compatible?

m
l
Related resources
April 21, 2010 3:42:30 PM

Yes, they are compatible. G'byte and Antec just called the wires different things.
m
l
April 21, 2010 3:51:25 PM

Look on page 28 of your MOBO manual and page 4 of your Antec case manual...that should be where you find the specs on the audio connection you're talking about. Your MOBO manual says that the connection supports 'Intel HD Audio'

Mobo Manual:
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_g...

Antec 1200 Manual:
http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/1200_EN%20manual.pdf

Hook 'em up and let 'er fly!!!

Frozenlead is correct about the fans not running until YOU turn the computer on...
m
l
!