lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Hi All
I am new to blu-ray and was having problems with it. so i wanted you guys help.
I purchased an lg blu-ray drive for my desktop. the problem is that when i insert a blu-ray movie in it, in my computer the icon says that "windows cannot read the disc. it might be corrupted....". I then used powerdvd software and it detected the blu-ray movie but during loading it says that vga card drivers are not compatible with blu-ray. while im using the latest drivers. my vga card is intel x3100. I wanted to ask whether this is normal in blu-ray that you cannot access the blu-ray disk in my computer or is it my drive's fault?
Also one more thing is that even if the disc is not accessible from My Computer, when i run anydvd software, it detects the movie and also can rip it to the hdd.
Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks

You may need a directx 10 or directx 11 video card for your blueray to run properly. I suggest you get a low end video card with this spec. Mine was only $20 shipped after rebate from newegg. The x3100 is directx 9.0. Try to find a card with an hdmi port if you want to set up a home theatre later on. They cost around $40-50 after rebate for a mid range one, such as the 4670 chipset.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

hi
bro the intel x3100 is a directx 10 compatible vga card. and there have been many people runing blu-ray on this vga card. i wanted to ask you is that when you insert a blu-ray movie in the drive, can you access it through 'My Computer'?

Yes you should be able to access the disk in (My Computer). I would make sure all the drivers for your PC is up to date run microsoft update and see if it finds any new drivers. You might want to try uninstalling the drive and then switching SATA ports.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
i have updated the .net framework and all known drivers, including vga drivers and etc. when i insert the blu-ray and click on the drive icon, windows gives an error that the disc is not readable and or might be corrupted. but on the other side if i run anydvd, it detects the movie in the drive. but the icon on my computer doesnt allow me access to the disc from there. i am using windows xp professional 32 bit

Check your device manager settings. You may have a conflict somewhere. If you find a mark next to any device, click on properties and "update driver" or uninstall the device and reboot, letting windows reload the device driver. Might fix your video problem.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

Hi
There is no conflict in the device manager. and the drivers for the drive is reinstalled but still this problem is there. Any other advice will be quite helpful. my blu-ray drive's model is LG HL-04P.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

hi
thanks for your reply
yesterday i have bought a windows 7 x64 ultimate and am installing it. so lets see if that can make a difference. if u find anything kindly let me know. as fasr as a different vga card goes, the problem of the blu-ray not being accessible in my computer is not linked to the vga card as far as i know. i was thinking of a way to fix that.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Hi
Ok some advancements. i installed windows 7 ultimate x64 and the blu-ray drive was accessible from "My Computer". but then why wont it be accessible from windows xp?