Sign in with
Your question

Atom

Last response: in CPUs
June 22, 2010 1:22:17 PM

which the difference between N270, 280 and 450.

i want to know performance and batter life and chipset + graphic performance?

i want to use it for office stuff + some gaming on the go.
i have an PC a my home but i just want to play when i'm bored with some smaller games.
(also my friend want to know, WOW dota playable on netbook?)

thanks in advacne

More about : atom

a c 131 à CPUs
June 22, 2010 3:21:19 PM

They are all low end CPUs. Do not expect more than basic tasks from any of them. Trying to say one is better than the other is like trying to say that a man with 2 broken arms and one broken leg is a better soldier than a man with 2 broken arms and two broken legs.
Especially since all those CPU models are single core and between 1.6 and 1.66GHz, the difference is nothing.
http://ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?familyID=29...
m
l
June 22, 2010 3:48:18 PM

but i read that
N450 has 1 core 2 threads
and this one has lover voltage
so this is definite better than n 280?
and the graphic chipset is 3150 better than 945?

and what's the meaning of 1 core 2 threads or 2 core 4 thread mean?

thanks again
m
l
Related resources
a c 131 à CPUs
June 22, 2010 4:53:57 PM

All 3 CPUs you mentioned have 1 core and two threads. This is Hyperthreading. 2 threads/ one core. Improves SMP performance on a single core.

You can check here for graphical performance
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benc...
But again, It's like comparing crap to crap.

Do not expect to be able to do anything past basic we browsing with any of these computers. I'm of course including non HD youtube video and some less intensive flash stuff. But do not expect to be able to play cod2 or something like that. What do you mean by "smaller games"?
m
l
June 22, 2010 7:04:30 PM

i mean small games means like plant and zoombies <may be less than 200-300 MB game size>
and i also want to do office application, listing music and watching movie. not full HD(at most 720p)

is it possible for me with N280 or N450?

thanks u so much for ur explanation
m
l
June 22, 2010 7:43:52 PM

myowaiwin said:
i mean small games means like plant and zoombies <may be less than 200-300 MB game size>
and i also want to do office application, listing music and watching movie. not full HD(at most 720p)

My N270 netbook with integrated Intel graphics can just play Torchlight at 1024x600, so you'll probably handle basic games but the GPU will limit anything more complex. SD movie playback should be fine, but even 720P is likely to be a struggle without GPU acceleration.
m
l
!