HD5750 at 84C! need help

lkn118

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Hi, I enjoy play games. But the GPU temp is a little bit toohigh, even at stock speed (700, 1150)
Will it shorten my fan's lifespan if I tuned the fan speed to 100% all the time?
And is there any replacement fan for my Sapphire HD5750?
Thanks.

100% is a bit much. Your card might take flight. haha. As mentioned above 80% or less may be sufficient. You can only move so much air over that cooler, anything extra will just be a waste. I'd lower it to 80% and see what it reads, then lower to 75% and keep going until you see the heat spike again.

80C+ is fine for graphics cards. My 5870 climbs over 80C in DX11 games all the time. I turned up the fan to keep it under 80C, but it really didn't take much to do that.

lkn118

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009

yeah...just trying to push the limit of my card.

lkn118

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009

will torture my video card at 800/1300, fan speed 80%, using NFS Shift and Dirt 2, all ultra high. Will post the results later, or tomorrow (its night here)

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Nothing thing you could possibly do would be replace the thermal paste on the gpu, i actually did that the other day on my card and got quite a substantial drop it temps, for mid 80's to mid 60's which i thought was remarkable

This is always an option to try, I totally agree. I actually JUST did this on my CPU and GPU. I got slightly better temps on my CPU. But my GPU is exactly the same as it was before. When I removed the cooler I noticed the paste was properly applied.

Thats absolutely fine, you could always remove the old thermal paste and apply some quality thermal paste like others have suggested if you want to lower your temps some more.

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
it's always worth trying, as paste is only a couple bucks and possibliy of lower temp and possibly higher overclocks (which i was able to get =]) for like 8 dollars i found it completely worth the try

Actually another option would be to use a 3rd party program, to lower the voltage on your card, just as some keep stock clocks on their cpu's but drop voltage for better power efficiency and cooler temps