Lite Gaming Budget RIG Around 730$

Antisan

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hi , There :hello:

I am Building a Lite Gaming Budget RIG Around 730$.

My build will be...

Processor i3-3220

Memory- Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R)

HD- 500 GB Any

GPU - Confused between Gtx 560ti and 650ti

And rest i want suggestions From you Guys.....

wat power supply and Mobo should i go for ....

Yea i am looking for OC as, i3 is locked but i can OC GPU

My core needs are Gaming gaming and gaming ..... but my budget is too low il manage a low fps gaming but need a best build in my budget .....

Any other suggestion are welcomed.

Solution
The i3 is "alright" as it will perform when the need comes. For the price it's not a bad chip but some AMD chips do out perform them. However, in any respect; the best part about owning the i3 is that later on you can toss an i5-3570k in there and get quite the performance bump that the AMD chips won't compete with. Not to mention the unlocked multiplier that gives you that overclocking goodness as well.

I'd at least drop 8GB in there as DDR3 is cheap and 1866mhz ram is perfect for the duty. No reason to skimp here for only about $20.

I agree with the 7850 being the perfect choice here. They outperform the 560ti and the 650ti in just about everything, and they still fit similar price ranges.

I'd stick with the good named brand...

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
You should definitely go for the HD 7850 graphics card. It's only around 170$ and performs a good amount better than the 650 Ti and the 560 Ti. The 560 Ti is an older version so don't get that as it doesn't have a lot of extra's that the 650 Ti would have. And the 650 Ti performs a little better. You can find a 650 Ti 1GB for only 125$ too. But I would get the 7850 minimum.

As for your CPU, why not get the FX 6300. It's only 130$ and performs better than the PC you have listed. The FX 6300 is overclockable too. It's also a six core processor. For a budget build you cannot beat the fx 6300. Or if you want to spend up to 180$ you can go with the FX 8350. Anything you buy under 200$ should be an AMD in my opinion. Even if it is for gaming.

When you buy a MoBo, if you want to overclock, spend at least 100 bucks on a MoBo. Like the AsRock Extreme 4 or something. Or the Gigabyte UD3.

And for the RAM, let me suggest some 2133mhz RAM. It's not a whole lot more expensive than 1600mhz and you get a whole lot better performance. For RAM I'll recommend some Corsair Vengeance Low-Pro 1866 or 2133 RAM. And you'll need a CPU cooler too. For a budget you can't beat the Hyper 212 Evo for around 25 bucks.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
The i3 is "alright" as it will perform when the need comes. For the price it's not a bad chip but some AMD chips do out perform them. However, in any respect; the best part about owning the i3 is that later on you can toss an i5-3570k in there and get quite the performance bump that the AMD chips won't compete with. Not to mention the unlocked multiplier that gives you that overclocking goodness as well.

I'd at least drop 8GB in there as DDR3 is cheap and 1866mhz ram is perfect for the duty. No reason to skimp here for only about $20.

I agree with the 7850 being the perfect choice here. They outperform the 560ti and the 650ti in just about everything, and they still fit similar price ranges.

I'd stick with the good named brand PSU's and make sure to find something with a good warranty/reputation. I personally like the Antec and Corsair models available today and Corsair has quite a good line up that won't break the bank.

If you're going with a single GPU, I'd honestly make the budget cut on your motherboard as you won't be running SLi/CrossfireX so you won't need any big gaming boards. You'll get very similar single GPU performance out of the budget boards as you would a top end gaming board. Just make sure to follow the chipsets and find which board fits your budget and keeps the performance within range.

Just to help you out a little.. I'll explain my methods of building a gaming rig.

First thing I choose is the processor, then the GPU. After that I find the motherboard that will fit the CPU/GPU and my performance needs. Then I fill in the rest.

I used PCPartPicker.com to build this for you. Came out to $720 and would be a nice little system. Packing an i5-3570k and a 7850 2GB card with a nice case and decent PSU. Wouldn't be a bad little rig that also has a decent potential to upgrade later on!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/I4C8

Hope this helps bud!

Solution

Antisan

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Thanks For the suggestion Pal. But from last 8 years m using Intel. And i would like to stick to it :)

Antisan

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Thankz mahn for the suggestion il try your method for Building a RIG :D

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
You're very welcome! Just remember one thing out of all of this. Always know what you want and build that in your head first. Then work out where you can cut prices with the least cuts in performance. The most important factors in a gaming rig are the GPU and CPU that you're using. You want to try to keep that i5-3570k (albeit expensive) at all costs. And you want to have the best GPU you can get. Just because someone has an Asus formula blah blah doesn't mean he's going to be leaps and bounds above your Asus budget board. Honestly, in my experience, there hasn't been many motherboards that, aside from features, show any visual performance advantage. Of course not all chipsets are the same, but it's better dropping $100 off the cost of the motherboard by going with a B75 and a 7850 than it is dropping a 7770 on a Z77.

:)

TRENDING THREADS