Compaq Laptop in Hibernate mode doesn't start

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
September 16, 2004 10:31:20 PM

September 17, 2004 2:04:39 AM

KS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a Compaq laptop from a friend who was throwing it away. Its a
> PIII, 550MHz, 11.2G HDD, 128MB RAM with WinXP Pro running on it.
>
> I was checking all the hardware details, before cleaning it up and
> installing some Linux distro. However, all of a sudden it said "Going
> into Hibernation mode" (or something similar). And after that it has
> been "dead". I cannot boot it. Attaching the batter charger doesn't show
> any charging light. Power button doesnot boot it. Its acting like no
> power is connected (not even batteries) and not booting up.
>
> Any recommendations on how to make it start.
>
> thanks,
>
> PS: the batteries were working fine. They were working for the last 2
> hours and still showing more than 80% charge left.

Don't bother. It was due to bad power adapter, the connections were gone
due to sparking. Had to solder them to make them permanent.

Works like a charm now......Its ready for its cleansing >> It will come
to know about Linux now :)