Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Help! no crossfirex option in ccc

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 23, 2010 3:19:40 PM

Hello, I have a new system with: MB -- GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 RAM -- 8Gb 1333 VC -- 2 Sapphire Tech 100283VXL Vaporx 5770 DDR5 PS -- CoolMaster 700 watt Monitor -- Sharp HDTV running 1920 x 1200 native mode using HDMI interface. I've gone to ATI and done all the patches for Windows 7 64 bit; 9.9 forward. Cards are pciex16_1 and pciex16_2 slots, no errors, 1st card shows as 2x; 2nd card shows disabled in ccc. CrossFireX option isn't there. What do I do now?

More about : crossfirex option ccc

March 23, 2010 3:46:44 PM

First thing I would try is uninstalling catalyst control center and your graphics drivers. Reboot your PC into safe mode and run driversweeper. Turn your PC off, and remove the second 5770 (leave just one in there). boot up and install just the 10.2 (or 10.3a) drivers- don't install them all. Once they are installed, it will require a reboot. Reboot, and make sure the single card is running properly. Turn of your computer again, install the second card again, make sure you install ONE CROSSFIREX Bridge (NOT BOTH). Turn the PC back on and check to see if you've got a crossfireX option in CCC. When I did this, it was already enabled. Try this, and let us know if it works or not.
Score
0
March 24, 2010 12:38:31 AM






I did as you suggested. Single card shows up as pci express 2.2 x2. Is that right?
I tried with 1st x16 slot by itself and second x16 slot by itself same result.









i
Score
0
Related resources
March 24, 2010 1:11:19 AM

Just for the heck of it, I reinstalled the second card and brought the system up. I now have the active card working in x16 mode but the other card is still disabled and now it is showing a max speed of x2. Still no option to use CrossFireX. This is a really weird, but at least now the card that is active is working properly.
Score
0
March 24, 2010 1:14:03 AM

flyinfinni said:
First thing I would try is uninstalling catalyst control center and your graphics drivers. Reboot your PC into safe mode and run driversweeper. Turn your PC off, and remove the second 5770 (leave just one in there). boot up and install just the 10.2 (or 10.3a) drivers- don't install them all. Once they are installed, it will require a reboot. Reboot, and make sure the single card is running properly. Turn of your computer again, install the second card again, make sure you install ONE CROSSFIREX Bridge (NOT BOTH). Turn the PC back on and check to see if you've got a crossfireX option in CCC. When I did this, it was already enabled. Try this, and let us know if it works or not.

Score
0

Best solution

March 24, 2010 1:44:06 AM

I had 2 4850s before, and they were doing the same thing. Turned out one of them was messed up, might have to RMA it.
Share
March 24, 2010 2:06:08 AM

microterf said:
I had 2 4850s before, and they were doing the same thing. Turned out one of them was messed up, might have to RMA it.





That may be the problem; I swapped position of the cards so that now they are reversed in slots.

If I connect a monitor to each card, what will happen? Will that force the Catalyst software to enable both cards?
Score
0
March 24, 2010 2:32:00 AM

mine card worked fine, but would only show x2.2 or something like that for speed, and wouldn't Xfire. Other than that it worked fine. Outputed to the monitors and everything.
Score
0
March 24, 2010 4:39:48 AM

That x2 showing could either mean the card is not working properly, or the mobo/PCI-e slot is not working properly. Have you gotten both cards to work at 16x in the first slot? Have you tried a card in the second slot by itself?
Score
0
March 24, 2010 4:50:16 AM

I think he tried both slots
Score
0
March 24, 2010 8:45:29 PM

flyinfinni said:
That x2 showing could either mean the card is not working properly, or the mobo/PCI-e slot is not working properly. Have you gotten both cards to work at 16x in the first slot? Have you tried a card in the second slot by itself?



I think that it is the card. The card now in the pciex16_1 slot was showing a max speed of x16 while disabled in the pciex16_2 slot. The other card has only registered x2 max speed in either slot. However, I also went into Control Panel and turned off power management for PCIE to prevent the cards fron shutting down under low loads in between. My lcd maxes out at 1920 x 1200 resolution, so I figure with just Windows running, I am definitely not stressing the system at all.

I am going to get another card to try. Thank you for the help!
Score
0
March 25, 2010 1:22:29 AM

HOpe it works out. Let us know.
Score
0
March 25, 2010 1:41:41 PM

good call- the card thats stuck at 2x PCI-e is most likely a problem. Replace it and hopefully it'll solve your problem.:-)
Score
0
March 31, 2010 12:11:54 AM

flyinfinni said:
good call- the card thats stuck at 2x PCI-e is most likely a problem. Replace it and hopefully it'll solve your problem.:-)



Solved! Identical replacement card arrived today. I installed; it detected -- cards showing as 'linked' both running at 16x.

Other card goin back.


Thanks!!!!
Score
0
March 31, 2010 12:58:11 AM

Awesome, glad it worked out. Figured that was the problem.
Score
0
March 31, 2010 4:24:51 PM

Sweet- glad you figured it out and were able to get it replaced and running. Enjoy Crossfire and the performance you've just added!
Score
0
February 2, 2012 9:11:37 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
0
February 2, 2012 9:11:45 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!