Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Finding out graphic card/intalling driver of unknown graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 23, 2010 3:22:12 PM

ok so a friend just gave me a graphics card and he dosent know which graphics card it is. it has no box and it dosent say the model on the graphics card. its an msi graphics card, it does say nvidia though. any ways, so i want to instal the driver but as i dont know its model i dont know how to download a driver for it. i tried the windows xp option of searching liveupdate but that diddnt have any results either..any help on how to find out is model and/or install a driver for it?
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2010 3:25:00 PM

Can you find a product code on the card? You could look for that product code on the MSI website and possibly find out what model it is. This would probably be on a little white sticker or something similar that may have the serial number on it as well.
March 23, 2010 4:41:51 PM

wel i couldnt find it, i googled the nuber..
ok so here are all the numbers on it
the number on the white sticker: 6c10433178

there are two black chips on it, each says vdata and the number on them is :vd29616a8a 37dg

and then theres this other number next to a, i think, tick, which is : N1996

and then, next to the FC sign and nvidia logo it says Model v027
Related resources

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2010 4:44:57 PM

You nailed it with the Model v027- its an MSI GeForse 7300LE with 256 MB video RAM.
March 24, 2010 9:55:54 AM

Best answer selected by death_relic0.
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
March 24, 2010 3:17:53 PM

;-) Its alright man- theres a lot of numbers and it can be very confusing. I've looked at a very large number of video cards;-)
!