Screwed up keyboard/Dell Inspiron 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey there - First timer here. I joined the group to ask a question about my
dell laptop. A few weeks back I got a nice deal on a used Dell Inspiron 4000
laptop whose only faults were a bad battery and some missing keys. After
purchasing a replacement keyboard on eBay, I attempted to remove my old one
from the Dell. The only problem? I didn't consider that you have to take out
the screws from the bottom first! I got the keyboard off, alright, but the
screws seem to not want to move now. There are also some small orange
barrel-like objects left on the laptop which I think maybe should have come off
with the keyboard. Could be wrong, though. I've tried Craftsman's screw out but
can't get anything to come out. Any ideas besides paying $150 for CompUSA to
help??

Thanks,
Heather

I'd recommed NOT sending it there.. We can help if you want to pay
shipping to and from IA.. no joke, We help a ton of people from the
web. http://home.mchsi.com/~ikenfixit/

Thanks for the offer; I have a friend of my mother's who will take a look at it
tomorrow and 'survey the damage.'
I was just wondering if anyone else had done something equally as stupid!

Again, thanks.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.