Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Worst Internet Connection EVER! HELP!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 2, 2010 2:33:23 PM

That right there is my abysmal internet connection speed. I can download a 5 mb file in 2 MINUTES

First off let me start by saying that its NOT my computer, because my PS3, and my iPhone are both effected by this BS even if my computer is unplugged.

I have WEP AES Encryption so noone can get onto my network too.

I've never had to deal with such slow internet before.
They advertise 10Mbps, and I used to get 1-2 MEGABYTES per second a couple months ago, but today I've experienced the slowest internet ever. It feels like dial up, I cant watch youtube videos, play online games, do ANYTHING! My internet is useless.

BTW I've honest to God tried everything, Unplugging Modems, Routers, etc. You name it, I've done it!

How do I fix this mess?
May 2, 2010 3:16:37 PM

Take it up with your provider. With cable, the more people on, the slower it goes, however, if you are on a 10 mb line, you should get at least 1 mb or so you'd think.
Score
Related resources
May 2, 2010 6:26:31 PM

ohiou_grad_06 said:
Take it up with your provider. With cable, the more people on, the slower it goes, however, if you are on a 10 mb line, you should get at least 1 mb or so you'd think.

Mb is the abbreviation for MegaByte and there at eight megabits to one of those.

Score
May 2, 2010 9:40:41 PM

Sorry, should have paid more attention. If he's paying for a 10Mb connection, I would at LEAST expect to get 1 Mb/s. But really should get more.

Like me, I'm paying 8 but just did this test. I think if I were you, I'd take it up with my ISP. No reason to pay 60 a month for unusable service.

Score
May 3, 2010 6:04:46 AM

ohiou_grad_06 said:
Sorry, should have paid more attention. If he's paying for a 10Mb connection, I would at LEAST expect to get 1 Mb/s. But really should get more.

Like me, I'm paying 8 but just did this test. I think if I were you, I'd take it up with my ISP. No reason to pay 60 a month for unusable service.

]http://www.speedtest.net/result/801757523.png

[#0005ff]Don't laugh too loudly at what we get in the UK - this is my current speed but yesterday, I worked on a system three miles away which could only muster 512.

[/#000ff]
Score
Anonymous
November 30, 2010 6:54:52 PM

think your internet is bad? haha dont make me laugh im fairly certain i have the worst internet in the world?

Score
Anonymous
November 30, 2010 9:02:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Fihart
Score
!