Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Switch 810 Airflow question

Last response: in Overclocking
March 6, 2013 4:12:29 PM

So I am going to build my PC in about a month, and I have decided to go for the Switch 810. I have some questions about airflow though, and I'm hoping someone can help.

Here is what I plan on doing. I will have a corsair H110 rad on top in pull config(maybe push pull later on), two front intake fans, three top exhaust fans, and a rear exhaust fan. Things in yellow I have questions about.

fig 1

Should I go for a blower type GPU cooling system or a non stock dual fan system? What will the dual fan system do to my airflow? I don't care about sound, but I will OC at least moderately, and the dual fans are supposed to be cooler.

Do I need a bottom mounted intake fan? Would it help with the above question?

Would it be bad if I set the angled fans to blow from left to right(towards the HDDs)? What would it do to overall airflow? (this option is mainly for aesthetics)

What I figure is if I put the inner fans facing my HDDs, I would need the bottom fan to get air to my GPU, but I don't know. And what if it were a dual fan system? If I understand correctly, those are exhausting fans, so wouldn't they be blowing hot air right at my psu/HDDs? Or do I misunderstand...

Anyway, this is what I want to do, but I don't know if doing this without the bottom intake fan would be a good idea,

fig 2

I assume that this would be the optimum but I still don't know if that bottom fan is necessary.

fig 3

Thanks in advance!

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
March 6, 2013 5:38:14 PM

Fig 3 is the optimum like you already thought, putting the inside angled fans blowing the opposite way would make them work against the front intake fans rendering them useless, if your willing to put all those fans in then none of them are pointless just i would get a fan controller to control the speed of them all as you won't need them all full blast, if you really want to cut back on fans you can do too while also maintaining good airflow, the bottom ones are not necessary neither are the angled ones in the case
!